Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Karl Ove Knausgård: Min kamp

Default Re: Karl Ove Knausgård: Min kamp

Here is an interview with Karl Ove Knausgård in English:
    http://www.theguardian.com/books/aud...-books-podcast

Hey Flower, glad to see you around.
    I'm currently at the half of Min Kamp trilogy. I'm reading it in Spanish translation and I'm waiting for the 4th volume to come out. If it doesn't come soon I'll go ahead and read it in English; 5th volume should be out soon or it's already out in English.

After staying away for long, I am starting with the Book 1 of my struggle now. Hope it stays with the hype it created! Book 2, 3... will be based on this one.
    Jayan

Karl Ove Knausgaard shares some of his favorite norwegian authors in the NY Times : https://nyti.ms/2v4anGw

not only Norwegian:

Which writers — novelists, playwrights, critics, journalists, poets — working today do you admire most?
    Peter Handke, V. S. Naipaul, Svetlana Alexievich, Anne Carson, Ben Marcus, Kazuo Ishiguro, Cormac McCarthy, Lars Norén, Rebecca Solnit, John Jeremiah Sullivan, Maggie Nelson, Peter Sloterdijk, to name but a few very different ones.

What’s the last book to make you laugh?
    Thomas Bernhard’s “My Prizes.” I read it recently at a cafe, and I was laughing out loud countless times — and I hardly ever laugh. It is an incredible funny book. The only other book I had laughed as much at was Céline’s “Death on the Installment Plan.” I don´t know why I find their escalating misanthropy so funny, but maybe it is because they are right, and if they are right, the only thing you really can do about it is to laugh.

What’s the best gift book you’ve gotten?
    When I was 10, my mother came home with “A Wizard of Earthsea,” by Ursula K. Le Guin. I absolutely loved it, I read it many, many times throughout the years, and I do think it changed something in me. It touched me deeply, and I remember thinking that I wanted to touch like that too. I reread it a few years ago, and I still think it’s a great novel.

Whom would you want to write your life story?
    What a wonderful question! Laszlo Krasznahorkai, without doubt: He is one of the most original and powerful novelists around, one of the few with an ability to transform the known world into something else, without losing the truth about it on the way. It would be thrilling to see what he would have made out of a life such as my own — I’m sure it’ll be bleak, rainy, poor, boring, but that the book would be everything but that. An alternative would be Lydia Davis; she might be able to nail my life in one of her two-sentence stories!