You know my views on this prize, but the writers are no doubt OK in their own right. This is the shortlist that was announced on 12th April:
The award ceremony is coming up fairly soon: 8th June.
- Emma Donoghue (Irish) - Room; Picador; 7th Novel
- Aminatta Forna (British/Sierra Leonean) - The Memory of Love; Bloomsbury; 2nd Novel
- Emma Henderson (British) - Grace Williams Says it Loud; Sceptre; 1st Novel
- Nicole Krauss (American) - Great House; Viking; 3rd Novel
- Téa Obreht (Serbian/American) - The Tiger’s Wife; Weidenfeld & Nicolson; 1st Novel
- Kathleen Winter (Canadian) - Annabel; Jonathan Cape; 1st Novel
How many of the shortlist have people here read?