Thread: Nobel literature prize panel condemns fatwa against Salman Rushdie

Default Nobel literature prize panel condemns fatwa against Salman Rushdie

Last edited by Vazquez; 24-Mar-2016 at 23:42.

Default Re: Nobel literature prize panel condemns fatwa against Salman Rushdie

I echo Ekman's statement. That being said, since when was Riad the permanent secretary? What happened to Danius?

Ah those Swedes, always ahead of international news as they are in worldwide literature

Is this an indication of things to come? Maybe Rushdie is going to get some recognition in the coming years? I wonder. I didn't realise he was so young. He still has a while decade to go before he is really so old that he wouldn't win the prize, and I wonder if his inconsistency over the past 15 years has led the academy to be slow in recognising his accomplishments. Perhaps that is changing, though. Perhaps he is only one or two good books away from being given the greatest prize in the literary world.

Thanks, Vazquez. She is, indeed, a cancer survivor. Wishing her an expedient recovery.

That's awful about Danius. I wish her a quick recovery.

As for Rushdie, could this be a sign? His memoir didn't get too great reception, but there are some examples of memoirs/autobiographical fiction tipping the scale for a writer, especially those long considered to be in the running (although there are just as many, if not more, counterexamples, but still, it could mean something).

Salman RUSHDIE Nobel Prize in Literature 2016?
    Deus ex machina

Quote Originally Posted by Septularisen View Post
    Salman RUSHDIE Nobel Prize in Literature 2016?
    No.........