Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gerald Murnane

Default Re: Gerald Murnane

The Plains is being republished in a handsome new hardcover edition, introduced by Ben Lerner.

Attached Images Attached Images

Two upcoming titles: "collected" short fiction and Border Districts, supposedly Murnane's last book before retirement.

Damn, that collected short story book looks awesome, and as for his retirement, didn't he "retire" once already?

Also, what's the general consensus on his post-Barley Patch books? I know that one is supposed to be among his better, but I've heard little about his newer stuff.

An interesting piece on Murnane; dates from a couple of years ago (somehow I only noticed it today).

Giramondo Publishing has, I think, the most handsome covers for most of the Murnane books. It's a little pricy to order from Australia, so far I have only one book from them (Barley Patch); but I'd love to have their editions of Border Districts, Landscape with Landscape and A Million Windows. They have also put a Gerald Murnane archive up on their website; too bad they don't provide links to any of the pieces, but at least they tell you where to look if you care to hunt it down: interviews, essays, etc.