alik-vit's latest activity

• alik-vit
    alik-vit replied to the thread Recently Begun Books.
    Ivan Vladislavic, Portrait with keys. The city of Johannesburg unlocked.
  • alik-vit
    alik-vit reacted to tiganeasca's post in the thread Recently Begun Books with Like Like.
    🇮🇳 Sarat Chandra Chatterji, Stories From Saratchandra 🇲🇾 Tan Twan Eng, The House of Doors 🇺🇸 Kai Bird and Martin Sherwin, American...
  • alik-vit
    alik-vit reacted to Leseratte's post in the thread Recently Begun Books with Like Like.
    Started to read No Man's Land. So far enjoying it: interesting plot, wonderful style. Not enjoying so much reading the book in archive...
  • alik-vit
    alik-vit reacted to Bartleby's post in the thread César Aira with Like Like.
    https://www.theguardian.com/news/article/2024/may/07/cesar-airas-unreal-magic-how-the-eccentric-author-took-over-latin-american-literature
  • alik-vit
    alik-vit reacted to Phil D's post in the thread Recently finished books? with Like Like.
    El siglo de las luces (Explosion in a Cathedral) is one of the most enjoyable reading experiences I've ever had. I've never understood...
  • alik-vit
    alik-vit reacted to dc007777's post in the thread Recently finished books? with Like Like.
    The Kingdom of this World- Alejo Carpentier Marvelous. I bought this and two other newly translated Carpentier novels a few weeks ago...
  • alik-vit
    alik-vit reacted to Phil D's post in the thread Recently finished books? with Like Like.
    🇺🇸 Raymond Chandler - Playback (++) Silly plot, but when the prose is this stylish who cares.
  • alik-vit
    alik-vit reacted to Hamishe22's post in the thread Recently finished books? with Like Like.
    Frédéric Mistral Poet and Leader in Provence by Charles Alfred Downer Reading this book was a weird way of familiarizing myself with...
  • alik-vit
    alik-vit reacted to dc007777's post in the thread Recently finished books? with Like Like.
    Tales of the City, More Tales of the City, Further Tales of the City, and Babycakes-Armistead Maupin. First four books in Maupin's...
  • alik-vit
    alik-vit reacted to Ленин's post in the thread Recently finished books? with Like Like.
    Anne Carson - Eros the Bittersweet, an essay. - This is my favorite work by Anne Carson so far. Well researched, extremely well written...
  • alik-vit
    🇦🇷 Mariana Enriquez - Las cosas que perdimos en el fuego (Things We Lost in the Fire) (++) Short stories, mostly horror. Horror's not...
  • alik-vit
    alik-vit replied to the thread What do you do?.
    We have this one in the Botanic garden of SPb, and it's great annual attraction for visitors (night opening, etc.). But your flower is...
  • alik-vit
    alik-vit replied to the thread What do you do?.
    The German nickname is great one!!! It fits to the flower very well!
  • alik-vit
    alik-vit reacted to Leseratte's post in the thread What do you do? with Like Like.
    In Portuguese the name of this flower is "Perfect Love " and in German "Little Stepmother" because of the sullen expression of its "face".
  • alik-vit
    alik-vit reacted to kpjayan's post in the thread What do you do? with Love Love.
    imagine the long wait of one year for this flower to bloom for one night and wilt before dawn ( a life of 6 hrs). Last time, he/she...