Bartleby's latest activity

• Bartleby
    Bartleby reacted to Leseratte's post in the thread Flooding in Brazil with Sad Sad.
    Thanks for your kind words, CR. Yes, presently we are under a heat wave, because of this atmospheric blockade which concentrates all the...
  • Bartleby
    Bartleby reacted to The Common Reader's post in the thread Flooding in Brazil with Like Like.
    I hope you and your loved ones are safe, and the same for all the Brazilians on the forum.
  • Bartleby
    Bartleby reacted to Leseratte's post in the thread Flooding in Brazil with Sad Sad.
    An amazing rescue story amid the destruction by the flood that is happening in Rio Grande do Sul, the state most South of Brazil...
  • Bartleby
    Bartleby replied to the thread Pulitzer Prizes.
    In the copyright section of the book's English language edition it is stated: There is no translator credited. Taking a quick look at...
  • Bartleby
    Bartleby reacted to Ludus's post in the thread César Aira with Haha Haha.
    he's so full of shit I love him
  • Bartleby
    Bartleby replied to the thread César Aira.
    https://www.theguardian.com/news/article/2024/may/07/cesar-airas-unreal-magic-how-the-eccentric-author-took-over-latin-american-literature
  • Bartleby
    Bartleby reacted to The Common Reader's post in the thread Jon Fosse with Like Like.
    I just came across this essay by the translator of some of Fosse's plays into (American) English...
  • Bartleby
    Bartleby reacted to Ленин's post in the thread Recently finished books? with Like Like.
    Anne Carson - Eros the Bittersweet, an essay. - This is my favorite work by Anne Carson so far. Well researched, extremely well written...
  • Bartleby
    Bartleby reacted to Phil D's post in the thread Recently finished books? with Like Like.
    🇦🇷 Mariana Enriquez - Las cosas que perdimos en el fuego (Things We Lost in the Fire) (++) Short stories, mostly horror. Horror's not...
  • Bartleby
    Bartleby reacted to Liam's post in the thread What do you do? with Love Love.
    I actually love to garden, but yeah, urban living and all. NYC is like one big concrete jungle. I love staying at my friend's house in...
  • Bartleby
    Bartleby reacted to alik-vit's post in the thread What do you do? with Love Love.
    I know, folks, you are not big fans of gardening, but I want to boast of my newest "pet". It's imperial fritillary. I planted the bulbs...
  • Bartleby
    Bartleby reacted to alik-vit's post in the thread Recently finished books? with Like Like.
    Mia Couto, Sleepwalking Land - I think, it's his best novel. (But I didn't read whole Sands of the Emperor, only its first volume...
  • Bartleby
    Bartleby replied to the thread New & Notable.
    I was listening to this podcast yesterday about the Brooklyn sequel, and there Toibin mentioned not particularly liking sequels but in...
  • Bartleby
    Bartleby reacted to Leseratte's post in the thread Paul Auster (1947-2024) with Like Like.
    A bit late, but here it is: "WHITE NIGHTS No one here, and the body says: whatever is said is not to be said. But no one is a body...
  • Bartleby
    Bartleby replied to the thread Paul Auster (1947-2024).
    I just saw a post recommendation on my phone's browser, nothing related to his death (only the heading was visible), but I was...