hayden's latest activity

• hayden
    hayden reacted to Daniel del Real's post in the thread Paul Auster (1947-2024) with Sad Sad.
    https://www.theguardian.com/books/2024/may/01/paul-auster-dies-aged-77-death-american-author-new-york-trilogy
  • hayden
    hayden reacted to Phil D's post in the thread International Booker Prize with Like Like.
    Dunno what neck of the woods you're referring to, but I thought it was really good. I thought she brought together the strands of...
  • hayden
    hayden replied to the thread International Booker Prize.
    Not to wish misfortune, but I'm glad Undiscovered didn't make the cut. Found it a very difficult work to care about. Felt like one of...
  • hayden
    hayden reacted to Bartleby's post in the thread International Booker Prize with Like Like.
    Now, the 2024 shortlist: Not a River by Selva Almada, translated by Annie McDermott Kairos by Jenny Erpenbeck, translated by Michael...
  • hayden
    hayden reacted to Bartleby's post in the thread International Booker Prize with Like Like.
    The 2024 international booker prize longlist: Not a River by Selva Almada, translated by Annie McDermott Simpatía by Rodrigo Blanco...
  • hayden
    hayden replied to the thread John Barth (1930-2024).
    A postmodern legend. Glad he got to live such a long life. I think he's the last of his generation (bar maybe Pynchon, who might not...
  • hayden
    hayden replied to the thread Maryse Condé (1934-2024).
    It's excellent she got to live such a long life and received a notable uptick in recognition later in her career. Doesn't happen to...
  • hayden
    hayden replied to the thread N. Scott Momaday (1934-2024).
    I'm a little late, but this is my first time hearing about this. His recent works Earth Keeper and The Death of Sitting Bear are...