Stevie B's latest activity

• Stevie B
    Stevie B reacted to Leseratte's post in the thread The Book Recommendations Thread with Like Like.
    About the book, without publisher. The situation that I know is that the publishers look for a translator when they want to publish a...
  • Stevie B
    Stevie B reacted to kpjayan's post in the thread The Book Recommendations Thread with Like Like.
    Yes. Short interesting novel..
  • Stevie B
    Stevie B reacted to redhead's post in the thread Claude Simon with Like Like.
    Density I love, but length I often struggle with. There's a reason I prefer Fosse to Faulkner, Lobo Antunes, Krasznahorkai, etc (his...
  • Stevie B
    Stevie B reacted to nagisa's post in the thread Claude Simon with Like Like.
    I love Simon. I have been slowly working my way through his collected works (in the lovely Pléiade 2-volume edition), getting through...
  • Stevie B
    Stevie B replied to the thread Claude Simon.
    It seems that any book deemed "densest and longest" would be right up your alley, Red. Why would consider anything else? ;)
  • Stevie B
    Stevie B replied to the thread The Book Recommendations Thread.
    I was aware that Seethaler had three books in English translation, but it appears there's a fourth - one in need of a publisher. Here's...
  • Stevie B
    Stevie B replied to the thread The Book Recommendations Thread.
    The film looks promising, and it has motivated me to move the novel to the top of my to-be-read pile.
  • Stevie B
    Stevie B reacted to Leseratte's post in the thread The Book Recommendations Thread with Like Like.
    Maybe "A Whole Life" by Austrian author Robert Seethaler. I loved it and it is only about 150...
  • Stevie B
    Stevie B reacted to Ленин's post in the thread Recently finished books? with Like Like.
    The more I think about what I just read, the more I dislike this book. I feel robbed of my time. And I think a film would be just as bad.
  • Stevie B
    Stevie B reacted to Ленин's post in the thread Recently finished books? with Like Like.
    Donna Tartt - The Secret History - This is my first exposure to her work but before I started, I was aware of the extreme opinions...
  • Stevie B
    Stevie B replied to the thread Recently finished books?.
    I had a very similar reaction to The Secret History as you did. I was never tempted to not finish it, but it always seemed something was...
  • Stevie B
    Stevie B replied to the thread Alice Munro (1931-2024).
    My favorite collection of hers is Dance of the Happy Shades, but perhaps that's because it was my first introduction to her writing.
  • Stevie B
    Stevie B reacted to Hamishe22's post in the thread Alice Munro (1931-2024) with Like Like.
    My favorite short story of hers was " Moons of Jupiter".
  • Stevie B
    Stevie B reacted to Bartleby's post in the thread Alice Munro (1931-2024) with Like Like.
    Such sad news. The consolation is to know she has lived a long, productive, and, I hope, happy life. Her stories speak to many people...
  • Stevie B
    Stevie B reacted to Phil D's post in the thread Recently Begun Books with Like Like.
    🇭🇹/🇨🇦 Dany Laferrière - Comment faire l'amour avec un Nègre sans se fatiguer (How to Make Love to a Negro Without Getting Tired) 🇧🇷...