Search results

1. C

Best translation of The Oresteia?

Would like to hear of any favorite translations of The Oresteia of Aeschylus. Thought about that again after reading a review of Anne Carson's new translation/recombination . . . of the story of the House of Atreus. She does Aeschylus, Sophocles and Euripedes, instead of staying with Aeschylus...
  2. C

Researching new novel: Request for information

I'm currently in the process of researching a new novel. It will be set in Nazi-occupied France, mostly Paris. Some flashbacks will involve Spain and the Spanish Civil War. I am looking for information about life in the French Resistance, and some logistical details such as train schedules in...
  3. C

Romani Literature

Anyone here know anything about Roma literature in translation? Found this on the Net. Hoping it's not exhaustive. Gypsy Lit
  4. C

Boris Vian: Foam Of The Daze

Recently finished Boris Vian's wonderful L'Ecume Des Jours, translated by Brian Harper as Foam of the Daze. First time I read it, it was translated as Mood Indigo. Wonderful book. Dada. Pataphysics. Slap stick. Crazy, with a bit of satire and social commentary thrown in. Any book that has...