Search results

1. Ater Lividus Ruber & V

International, literary phishing scam potentially solved

"A mysterious fraudster who impersonated publishers and agents to steal book manuscripts in an international phishing scam may have finally been caught, with the FBI arresting a 29-year-old man at John F Kennedy airport in New York on Wednesday."...
  2. Ater Lividus Ruber & V

Visualising Novels

Lately, I've been reading Japanese novels that feature lengthy architectural descriptions. I find it infinitely easier to infer meaning in action or dialogue rather than the description of a mansion or its garden. Does anyone else not visualise well whilst reading? Putting buildings and...
  3. Ater Lividus Ruber & V

David Jones: In Parenthesis

I've been hyped about reading this for a while -- unfortunately, haven't been able to get my copy yet, and I don't want to make a trip to a bigger library with COVID rampaging. Still, I thought some members here would be enthralled to learn about this 'obscure' work. From Wikipedia: "Although...
  4. Ater Lividus Ruber & V

The Nobel Museum Bookbinding Exhibition

Found this when I was looking for one of Grass' drawings and thought everyone would enjoy this. If you're a fan of the Folio Society, you'll love this. "The Nobel Museum Bookbinding Exhibition is a collaboration between SBI (Swedish Bookbinders Guild) and the Nobel Museum. From its inception in...
  5. Ater Lividus Ruber & V

The Nobel-gate

On Friday, three members of the Swedish Academy, which picks the laureate of the Nobel Prize in Literature, announced that they would give up their seats in the prestigious cultural institution. The renowned author Klas Östergren, who has been a member of the Swedish Academy for four years, was...