Search results

1. errequatro

Understanding Nobel Prize: 1916--1919

This is a different Mistral... This is Gabriela, Chilean, not French.
  2. errequatro

Understanding Nobel Prize: 1916--1919

Elizabeth Forster-Nietzsche... The woman who turned Nietzsche's work into Nazi propaganda. Though it is actually not suprising to see her nominated (Sweden has a lot to uncover in regards its flirtation with Nazism), it's sad that she was the only woman to be nominated. Weren't there other ...
  3. errequatro

Academic jobs in the US

So, guys... I have just been interviewed by Brown University. Fingers crossed! I think it went well but Americans are quite hard to read... They are always so nice and friendly... They did mention a possibility of a second interview (on campus, so they'll fly me out there if I go through)...
  4. errequatro

Paweł Huelle (1957-2023)

I think he was the best short-story writer in Poland... A great loss :/
  5. errequatro

What do you do?

Of this kind, yes. And soon it will be my own (single-author book)... But more on that in a few weeks :) Anyway, Listopad is an interesting writer. He wrote chronicles and short pieces in Portuguese and poems in Czech. Well worth a read.
  6. errequatro

What do you do?

Yes, by Charles University in Prague. But it's in Portuguese...
  7. errequatro

What do you do?

and since we are taling about publications, here is my upcoming book on Czech-Portuguese poet Jorge/Frantisek Listopad. I am only the co-author, but well... :)
  8. errequatro

WLF Prize 2024 - Anne Carson

any "Collected Poems" anthology available yet? Or some sort of anthology where I can find several of her books?
  9. errequatro

WLF Prize in Literature 2024

Hear hear
  10. errequatro

Darn, had you voted and ALA would have won :/ I'm looking forward the new shortlist too
  11. errequatro

If we end up with 4 like the first year that's fine for me... only because there was a tie. Otherwise, forcing 4 writers onto the shortlist still gets the thumbs down from me
  12. errequatro

Surely, adding a new name will do nothing to ameliorate the commitment. It will actually increase the need/pressure to read more instead of truly assess the impact of a writer in one's life. If a writer shows up again on the list it's a wonderful opportunity to read more works by that same...
  13. errequatro

We'll have 4 if necessary due to the number of votes. Otherwise next year we can have 5 and so on and so forth... I mean, even the Nobel gets the same names year in year out. I think the rule of not being able to nominate the candidate in consecutive years guarantees freshness. AND it would be...
  14. errequatro

Academic jobs in the US

I wish I was based in Portugal... to be fair, I am keeping an eye out for oportunities in Portugal too... and in the rest of Europe. I wouldn't even mind moving back to the UK (even though it's a nightmare at the moment)... But hey, the field I am in is... rather small....
  15. errequatro

Academic jobs in the US

this is one of the reasons why I want to move out of Poland. My partner is Polish and that's the only thing "holding me back" at the moment... But I had enough of working two jobs and since inflation has been in double digits for a while now, life has become quite expensive (on top of the crazy...
  16. errequatro

Academic jobs in the US

yeah, I know... Poland is ridiculous in the treatment they give to teachers (of all levels)... Just to put things in perspective, my partner is about to start her first(!) job in a corporation. She hasn't finished her PhD yet but she is not considering pursuing an academic career. Her salary...
  17. errequatro

Academic jobs in the US

Thank you. This is exactly what I needed. I have seen lots of articles about the topic, but all of them quite dry... This one is great because of its human element. ;)
  18. errequatro

sorry, didn't notice the google forms was active...
  19. errequatro

Academic jobs in the US

either way, better than the PLN (zloty, currency I am currently pais in)... and I bet any money that the salary is higher than the 975 euros I make a month as an Assistant Professor...
  20. errequatro

Academic jobs in the US

Thanks! yes, I am more worried about things like salary, lifestyle, etc. Never even been to the US