Search results

1. Leseratte

Pulitzer Prizes

I liked that the award went to an emigrant.
  2. Leseratte

Flooding in Brazil

Mine was more a comment Benny. I am sharing this situation, because I think it may happen anyway on the planet where there is water, if it rains too much and for too long a time. I think these catastrophes are getting worse and worse not only because of urban or rural problems, but because...
  3. Leseratte

Flooding in Brazil

Thanks for your kind words, CR. Yes, presently we are under a heat wave, because of this atmospheric blockade which concentrates all the rain in the south. The problem is, these floods are getting more and more biblical and I fear this atmospheric phenomena isn´t restricted to Brazil.
  4. Leseratte

Flooding in Brazil

An amazing rescue story amid the destruction by the flood that is happening in Rio Grande do Sul, the state most South of Brazil. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13396679/flooding-rio-grande-sul-brazil-homeless.html
  5. Leseratte

Recently Begun Books

Started to read No Man's Land. So far enjoying it: interesting plot, wonderful style. Not enjoying so much reading the book in archive. org, it's a bit uncomfortable. There are several download possibilities, but they don´t seem to work.
  6. Leseratte

What do you do?

In Portuguese the name of this flower is "Perfect Love " and in German "Little Stepmother" because of the sullen expression of its "face".
  7. Leseratte

What do you do?

On the last picture, my favorite flower!
  8. Leseratte

New & Notable

A sort of guide to Brazilian football. Spoken in English with cc in Spanish (?).
  9. Leseratte

Recent Purchases/Borrowings

I don´t think I will, because I like the original very much. Anyway, thanks for your enlightening comments. If I come across the book in a library I will take a look.
  10. Leseratte

What do you do?

That looks cute, alik, specially for urban eyes!
  11. Leseratte

Understanding Nobel Prize: The Lost Years

Actually Cleanthess opened a thread for Bandeira and translated several of his poems. There are several posts, you contributed the poem "Apple " https://www.worldliteratureforum.com/forum/index.php?threads/manuel-bandeira.56725/#post-183752
  12. Leseratte

So glad that the great Manuel Bandeira was at least nominated.
  13. Leseratte

I´m astonished that the committee worked at all an intensively during this time.
  14. Leseratte

Recently finished books?

I see I will have to go back to it.
  15. Leseratte

I didn´t read it, but it seems to be some sort of parody of David Copperfield.
  16. Leseratte

True. It seems they have altogether ceased to collect the more recent oeuvres.
  17. Leseratte

Paul Auster (1947-2024)

A bit late, but here it is: "WHITE NIGHTS No one here, and the body says: whatever is said is not to be said. But no one is a body as well, and what the body says is heard by no one but you. Snowfall and night. The repetition of a murder among the trees. The pen moves across the earth: it...
  18. Leseratte

But who is this Cable?
  19. Leseratte

Thanks, Benny, I´ll see what I can find. Actually I´m looking for a Brazilian Literature Historian, who has sorted out the more recent national literary production. Say until 2010 or thereabouts. Do you know any one?
  20. Leseratte

This novel received a positive review in my other forum., Rodica. I´ll see if I can find the thread.