Martin Amis (1949-2023)

Bartleby

British writer Martin Amis has passed away, at 73.

What's most interesting (if you pardon my word choice) is Jonathan Glazer's film "The Zone of Interest", based on the author's homonymous novel, premiered the day before at Cannes. I hope Amis got to watch the the film while still alive...

hayden

What's most interesting (if you pardon my word choice) is Jonathan Glazer's film "The Zone of Interest", based on the author's homonymous novel, premiered the day before at Cannes. I hope Amis got to watch the the film while still alive...

This was the first thing I thought of. Wasn't even the day before— was the day of. Raves for the film so far too. Glazer's (mixture of enigmatic scarcity and talent?) will certainly make the film a spectacle (and most likely a near-the-top-shelf prize at Cannes, if not the Palme). I figured Amis might have even shown on the carpet— by all means, 73 isn't too old nowadays—

Shame to hear.

Leseratte

Not sure though if I read any of his books. Read one or two by his father Kingsley.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ben Jackson

Just saw this now.

So sad he died at that age. I have Money and some of his non-fiction work (particularly his essays) to read. Another sad loss.