alik-vit's latest activity

• alik-vit
    alik-vit reacted to Ленин's post in the thread Recently finished books? with Like Like.
    Anne Carson - Eros the Bittersweet, an essay. - This is my favorite work by Anne Carson so far. Well researched, extremely well written...
  • alik-vit
    alik-vit reacted to Phil D's post in the thread Recently finished books? with Like Like.
    🇦🇷 Mariana Enriquez - Las cosas que perdimos en el fuego (Things We Lost in the Fire) (++) Short stories, mostly horror. Horror's not...
  • alik-vit
    alik-vit replied to the thread What do you do?.
    We have this one in the Botanic garden of SPb, and it's great annual attraction for visitors (night opening, etc.). But your flower is...
  • alik-vit
    The German nickname is great one!!! It fits to the flower very well!
  • alik-vit
    alik-vit reacted to Leseratte's post in the thread What do you do? with Like Like.
    In Portuguese the name of this flower is "Perfect Love " and in German "Little Stepmother" because of the sullen expression of its "face".
  • alik-vit
    alik-vit reacted to kpjayan's post in the thread What do you do? with Love Love.
    imagine the long wait of one year for this flower to bloom for one night and wilt before dawn ( a life of 6 hrs). Last time, he/she...
  • alik-vit
    alik-vit reacted to Rodica's post in the thread Recent Purchases/Borrowings with Wow Wow.
    I forgot to mention that I read the Romanian translation. I don't think you will perceive the book really long, it's more of a...
  • alik-vit
    Amazing foxgloves! And very beautiful hydrangea!
  • alik-vit
    It's viola tricolor. Russian nickname of this flower is Eyes of little Anna (Anyuta), which is a little bit scary. This time of year we...
    • 20240428_111631.jpg
  • alik-vit
    alik-vit reacted to Leseratte's post in the thread What do you do? with Like Like.
    On the last picture, my favorite flower!
  • alik-vit
    alik-vit reacted to Liam's post in the thread What do you do? with Love Love.
    I actually love to garden, but yeah, urban living and all. NYC is like one big concrete jungle. I love staying at my friend's house in...
  • alik-vit
    I know, folks, you are not big fans of gardening, but I want to boast of my newest "pet". It's imperial fritillary. I planted the bulbs...
    • 20240505_105656.jpg
    • 20240505_105505.jpg
  • alik-vit
    alik-vit reacted to Phil D's post in the thread New & Notable with Love Love.
    P.S. For those who don't know what Australian football ('footy' or 'Aussie rules') is, here's a short video that gives a pretty good...
  • alik-vit
    alik-vit replied to the thread Recently Begun Books.
    "Jazz" is love of my life. Truly amazing book.
  • alik-vit
    alik-vit reacted to Ben Jackson's post in the thread Recently Begun Books with Like Like.
    Big Green Tent--- Ludmila Ulitskaya Open Secrets--- Alice Munro Jazz--- Toni Morrison