Bartleby's latest activity

• Bartleby
    Bartleby replied to the thread Pulitzer Prizes.
    In the copyright section of the book's English language edition it is stated:
  • Bartleby
    Bartleby reacted to Ludus's post in the thread César Aira with Haha Haha.
    he's so full of shit I love him
  • Bartleby
    Bartleby replied to the thread César Aira.
    https://www.theguardian.com/news/article/2024/may/07/cesar-airas-unreal-magic-how-the-eccentric-author-took-over-latin-american-literature
  • Bartleby
    Bartleby reacted to The Common Reader's post in the thread Jon Fosse with Like Like.
    I just came across this essay by the translator of some of Fosse's plays into (American) English...
  • Bartleby
    Bartleby reacted to Ленин's post in the thread Recently finished books? with Like Like.
    Anne Carson - Eros the Bittersweet, an essay. - This is my favorite work by Anne Carson so far. Well researched, extremely well written...
  • Bartleby
    Bartleby reacted to Phil D's post in the thread Recently finished books? with Like Like.
    🇦🇷 Mariana Enriquez - Las cosas que perdimos en el fuego (Things We Lost in the Fire) (++) Short stories, mostly horror. Horror's not...
  • Bartleby
    Bartleby reacted to Liam's post in the thread What do you do? with Love Love.
    I actually love to garden, but yeah, urban living and all. NYC is like one big concrete jungle. I love staying at my friend's house in...
  • Bartleby
    Bartleby reacted to alik-vit's post in the thread What do you do? with Love Love.
    I know, folks, you are not big fans of gardening, but I want to boast of my newest "pet". It's imperial fritillary. I planted the bulbs...
  • Bartleby
    Bartleby reacted to alik-vit's post in the thread Recently finished books? with Like Like.
    Mia Couto, Sleepwalking Land - I think, it's his best novel. (But I didn't read whole Sands of the Emperor, only its first volume...
  • Bartleby
    Bartleby replied to the thread New & Notable.
    I was listening to this podcast yesterday about the Brooklyn sequel, and there Toibin mentioned not particularly liking sequels but in...
  • Bartleby
    Bartleby reacted to Leseratte's post in the thread Paul Auster (1947-2024) with Like Like.
    A bit late, but here it is: "WHITE NIGHTS No one here, and the body says: whatever is said is not to be said. But no one is a body...
  • Bartleby
    Bartleby replied to the thread Paul Auster (1947-2024).
    I just saw a post recommendation on my phone's browser, nothing related to his death (only the heading was visible), but I was...
  • Bartleby
    Bartleby reacted to Rodica's post in the thread Your favourite painting with Like Like.
    One of my favorite paintings is Untitled created in 1982 by Jean-Michel Basquiat. 4 years ago a friend talked to a painter who made this...
  • Bartleby
    Bartleby reacted to alik-vit's post in the thread Recently Begun Books with Like Like.
    And I can see why. But still, it seems his language is very poetic!
  • Bartleby
    Bartleby reacted to Ben Jackson's post in the thread Recently Begun Books with Like Like.
    I think why part of it is depressive is because Couto was trying to describe a society ravaged/torn by the effects of war. I can say...