Recent content by sibkron

1. sibkron

Romans-Fleuves

Thure Erik Lund, Myrbråtenfortellingene Kristofer Uppdal, Dansen gjenom skuggeheimen Amalie Skram, Hellemyrsfolket Sara Lidman, Jernbanan Steinar Løding, Jernalderdrøm
  2. sibkron

Contemporary (21st century) Russian literature

I heard about the author but never got around to his works:)
  3. sibkron

Recently Begun Books

Andrei Ivanov, The Bathyscaphe
  4. sibkron

Top ten Latin American novels in the last decade

What is the original title of the novel?
  5. sibkron

Don't Listen to the Reviews!

I'm indifferent to ratings and don't read negative reviews.
  6. sibkron

WLF Reading List 2024

I couldn't notice difficulties too.
  7. sibkron

WLF Reading List 2024

Yes. It's great gothic expressionist novel with reference to Robert Wiene's film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari.
  8. sibkron

Best reads of 2023

This is a large-scale encyclopedic modernist novel about everything: about life, about sex, about literature, about readers, about post-war intellectuals who were disillusioned with Marxism.
  9. sibkron

Best reads of 2023

?? Luis Goytisolo, Antagony ?? António Lobo Antunes, The Land at the End of the World ?? Jon Fosse, Aliss at the Fire ?? Max Frisch, Gantenbein ?? Noam Venevitinov, A Plan D the Day before ?? Danilo Kiš, Hourglass ?? Lars Iyer, Spurious, Dogma, Exodus ?? John Hawkes, The Lime Twig ?? Javier...
  10. sibkron

WLF Reading List 2024

January 01 🇵🇹 Bernardim Ribeiro, História de menina e moça+ 02 🇺🇸 Djuna Barnes, Nightwood+ 03 🇺🇸 Djuna Barnes, The Book of Repulsive Women: 8 Rhythms and 5 Drawings+ 04 🇪🇸 Jorge de Montemayor, Diana+ 05 🇧🇴 Liliana Colanzi, Our Dead World+ 06 🇪🇪 Andrei Ivanov, The Bathyscaphe+ 07 🇳🇴 Jon Fosse...
  11. sibkron

Most Disappointing Reads of 2023

Denis Johnson, Jesus’ Son --Well written but I don’t understand why I need it. Alejandro Saravia, Red, Yellow, Green --I threw the book. Template dissident prose. The author confused hate and criticism. Rodrigo Hasbún, Affections --More could have been extracted from the history of the Ertl's...
  12. sibkron

Contemporary Spanish Literature

Soldados de Salamina is very good novel by Javier Cercas, but I think in the Las leyes de la frontera he made the novel is stronger with the same narrative technique.
  13. sibkron

París no se acaba nunca is the one of my favorite books of Enrique Vila-Matas. Maybe It is the most lirical his novel.
  14. sibkron

I heard that Thomas Nevison and Berta Isla are close on the topic of the book Tu rostro mañana. I read Berta and Thomas and I liked them although I don't read Tu rostro mañana yet. But Javier Marias is the one of my favorite writers. Besides I read 'La mala muerte' by Fernando Royuela, and It...
  15. sibkron

Romans-Fleuves

Borislav Pekic, Zlatno Runo Pavel Ivanovich Melnikov, In the Forests and On the Hills Olav Duun, The People of Juvik Marianne Fritz, Dessen Sprache du nicht verstehst Antonio Moresco, Canti del caos Jack Kerouac, Duluoz Legend Luis Goytisolo, Antagony Francisco Umbral, Trilogía de Madrid Pío...