Search results

1. kidvisions

Best French books?

Hey everyone, What are your favourite French books and why?
  2. kidvisions

Interesting English (British and American) contemporary books not difficult to read?

Hello everyone, So I'm looking for books with a language wich is not very difficult to understand (I'm not a native speaker and I still don't master the language very well) in English but with very great themes, contemporary and not boring! Thank you!!!
  3. kidvisions

Marilynne Robinson: Gilead

I started reading the book today, and I just can't stop! Has anyone else here read it? What do you think of it?
  4. kidvisions

Shakespeare's language

Hello, I'm a non native English speaker (English is the third language I've learned and I've known it for 9 years),I have chosen to study the English literature, I had no problems until we started studying Othello (I'm a second year) I read a lot of amazing things about Shakespeare but when I...
  5. kidvisions

Accumulating Books

I have a very big problem with reading. I always want to read a lot of books at the same time and I'm never able to decide which to read before the other, so I borrow them from the libraries and I find myself with a collection of accumulated books and the day when I have to return them comes...
  6. kidvisions

Explanation of an ee cummings poem

I came across this poem and I absolutely have no clue what it means, does anyone of you know? 1(a le af fa ll s) one l iness By e.e. cummings
  7. kidvisions

Arabic Literature

Hello everyone, I have studied Arabic literature for three years, and the man I love is majoring in it, so I could say that I know it pretty well (No problems with the language since it's my native). I talked to a few European and American friends about great poets, writers and philosophers, but...
  8. kidvisions

Do you write on your books?

I'm about to read Othello for school, and I was thinking to write down the difficult words on the margin with some notes, but then I thought that it might be a bad thing to do. What do you think? Are you ok with writing on your books? Do you do it? Why do you do it? If not, why not?
  9. kidvisions

What makes a good book?

Hello everyone :) I have realized recently that most of the books that I read are not really good books. Most of them were famous books recommended by my friends. I would like to start developing my own literary knowledge, but I don't know where to start, and how to choose good books. Should I...
  10. kidvisions

R K Narayan: Swami and Friends

I haven't started reading this book. Not because it is difficult,on the contrary. But because it doesn't seem interesting. Now,the teacher has asked us to read it and we are supposed to write something about it. I was thinking maybe you could encourage me with some comments on the book. I don't...