Search results

1. SpaceCadet

Vassilis Vassilikos (1933-2023)

Best known for Z, a novel which is the basis of a film directed by Costa-Gavras, Vassilis Vassilikos passed away in Novembre 2023. He has published a substantial number of novels, among which some have been translated to English as well as into various languages. More about him can be read here...
  2. SpaceCadet

Gu Cheng

Born in Beijing in 1956, Gu Cheng was one of the prominent figure of the so-called Misty Poets. By the end of the 1970’s he became internationnaly known and soon started travelling the world, meeting with fellow writers and giving lectures. He is said to have written more than 2000 poems, some...
  3. SpaceCadet

Ibrahim al-Koni: The Fetishists

This novel was originally published as al-Majous in 1990-91. Considering al-Koni’s large body of work, it can be said to have been written during the first half of his writing career. It was translated to German as Die Mager and thus published in 2001. That same year the book was awarded the...
  4. SpaceCadet

Literature of Indian Diaspora

I was not sure under which thread I should put my question, so I open this new one. I am currently looking for fiction works by Indian writers who have written about migration to Africa, and more specifically from and/or about the point of view/experiences of the Indian communities established...
  5. SpaceCadet

Thai Literature

Although nurtured by a rich cultural and historical environment, Thai literature, be it modern or classic, in prose or in verse, remains rather little known to western or non native readers. As far as modernThai literature is concerned, underrepresented within the small market share claimed by...