Search results

1. Leseratte

Recently Begun Books

Started to read Novel Without Name. So far enjoying it: interesting plot, wonderful style. Not enjoying so much reading the book in archive. org, it's a bit uncomfortable. There are several download possibilities, but they don´t seem to work.
  2. Leseratte

What do you do?

In Portuguese the name of this flower is "Perfect Love " and in German "Little Stepmother" because of the sullen expression of its "face".
  3. Leseratte

What do you do?

On the last picture, my favorite flower!
  4. Leseratte

New & Notable

A sort of guide to Brazilian football. Spoken in English with cc in Spanish (?).
  5. Leseratte

Recent Purchases/Borrowings

I don´t think I will, because I like the original very much. Anyway, thanks for your enlightening comments. If I come across the book in a library I will take a look.
  6. Leseratte

What do you do?

That looks cute, alik, specially for urban eyes!
  7. Leseratte

Understanding Nobel Prize: The Lost Years

Actually Cleanthess opened a thread for Bandeira and translated several of his poems. There are several posts, you contributed the poem "Apple " https://www.worldliteratureforum.com/forum/index.php?threads/manuel-bandeira.56725/#post-183752
  8. Leseratte

So glad that the great Manuel Bandeira was at least nominated.
  9. Leseratte

I´m astonished that the committee worked at all an intensively during this time.
  10. Leseratte

Recently finished books?

I see I will have to go back to it.
  11. Leseratte

I didn´t read it, but it seems to be some sort of parody of David Copperfield.
  12. Leseratte

True. It seems they have altogether ceased to collect the more recent oeuvres.
  13. Leseratte

Paul Auster (1947-2024)

A bit late, but here it is: "WHITE NIGHTS No one here, and the body says: whatever is said is not to be said. But no one is a body as well, and what the body says is heard by no one but you. Snowfall and night. The repetition of a murder among the trees. The pen moves across the earth: it...
  14. Leseratte

But who is this Cable?
  15. Leseratte

Thanks, Benny, I´ll see what I can find. Actually I´m looking for a Brazilian Literature Historian, who has sorted out the more recent national literary production. Say until 2010 or thereabouts. Do you know any one?
  16. Leseratte

This novel received a positive review in my other forum., Rodica. I´ll see if I can find the thread.
  17. Leseratte

A bit astonished that it was written by an Italian author. I still have to read that Wikipedia article. Thanks, Benny!
  18. Leseratte

I'm interested in Luciana Stegagno Picchio - History of Brazilian Literature as I don´t know any Brazilian Literature History that includes recent authors.
  19. Leseratte

Recently Begun Books

I agree with you.And it is all steeped in a mytical atmosphere. I think I will have to go back to it sometimes.
  20. Leseratte

Recently Begun Books

Yes, part of " Sleepwalking Land".