Attachments

hdw

Reader
Stewart, there are several things I don't like about the new page set-up (I don't like the glaring red, and I find it hard to tell the new posts from the old ones) but apart from anything else the FAQ seems not to take account of the new way of navigating the site. Take attachments. Every time I want to use one, I have to remind myself again from scratch what to do.

The FAQ guidance says, click on Post Reply button (I'll ignore the New Thread option as I am talking about posting an attachment with a reply to a previous post). Well, there is no Post Reply button, with a Message Box underneath saying Manage Attachments. If you click Reply, that turns out to be Quick Reply - which is not supposed to support attachments - but in fact there is a rectangular box on the right underneath saying Go Advanced (not mentioned in FAQ!), and that gets you to the right screen.

Then there is the problem that Manage Attachments seems to be just about arranging your own previous attachments. However, in the top right-hand corner there is a green circle with a white cross saying Add Files, and that's the one you need to hit. There is no guidance about any of this for newbies or congenital incompetents like me, and it's only by trial and error that I ever manage to attach anything.

Harry