Book Social Networking Sites

Stewart

Administrator
Staff member
Does anyone else use book social networking sites? I've logged most of my books on GoodReads, although I've taken a bit of an interest in LibraryThing too. Shelfari is another one, although I've not looked into it.

I'm asking because I think I may put an option in profiles, so that you can link to those accounts.

fausto

Reader
Shelfari looks good but I'm on Library Thing as I have a lot of books not available through English-language based online booksellers, which, last time I looked, were the only non manual sources for Shelfari upload. I don't know goodreads.

There is a French equivalent to Library Thing, but it doesn't support non-French-language based etc... so for me LT remains the best option by a mile.

Mirabell

Former Member
Because I didn't want to pay (and I can't, w/out a credit card, if I am not mistaken), I oepened a shelfari account today
Shigekuni H's Profile - Shelfari

you can import yr librarything account, plus it's quite easy to import non-english books, although not as easy as with library thing

LizzySiddal

Reader
I'm on librarything. And I'll stay there as their early reviewers program has been very good to me during the past few months.

I did start an account with goodreads but I hate duplication so I'll probably cancel that at some point.

Mirabell

Former Member
I hope not! I can easily see something like that taking over my life!

the libthing thing isn't tempting as well?
For the first time in my life I believe I own more books than records
so creating a libthing account was more work to me
but I'd welcome a record collection site more
need to keep track of them

the libthing thing isn't tempting as well?
For the first time in my life I believe I own more books than records
so creating a libthing account was more work to me
but I'd welcome a record collection site more
need to keep track of them

Reading is something I can enjoy without obsessing over. Music I get a little unhealthy about. Besides, I'm old, anti-social, and don't understand the whole social-networking thing.