Issues with new software

Daniel del Real

Hi guys,

I'm having trouble with this new software: cannot do something as easy as edit my own posts.
Also I don't see how to access to the moderator features I previously had.
Don't knwo if this a matter of permissions or just my ignorance dealing with this new software, but I was wondering if you Liam have the same issues and if Stewart can check my status.

Cheers!

Liam

Administrator
I'm having a minor issue with banning spammers--it is not as easy as it once was; I can't find the feature that lets you ban them AND delete all of their posts at the same time. I have to first delete their posts, then search for their user name in the Member List, and THEN ban them. Maybe I'm missing something.

I do not have an issue with editing my posts though. Other users, by the looks of it, also do not currently have this issue.

Daniel, are you using a computer, a phone or an iPad to log into the Forum? I only use my computer for this, and at the bottom of each post (both my own and other people's, since I think this is part of our moderator privileges) I see the following:

0 Report Edit Delete IP Warn Like Reply

The circle at the beginning is actually a square, but my keyboard doesn't have the appropriate shape, so I chose the zero sign. The square box is basically there for you to check (or uncheck) a post if you wish to move it, delete it, ban it, edit it, etc. The other functions are self-explanatory. IP lets you see the user's IP address and Warn is an easy way to let users know if they're overstepping a boundary.

Daniel, DO you or do you NOT see this list of actions at the bottom of each post (anyone's, including your own)? If you don't, perhaps Stewart needs to make changes to your account that will allow you to perform those actions? But your account already says Moderator, so I just don't know.

Daniel del Real

Hey Liam, thanks for your quick answer.
I'm using a PC and I DO NOT have the list of actions at the bottom. They only one I see is REPORT, either for my own posts or the rest.
Hope Stewart can fix this.

Leseratte

Hi,
I don´t know if this is the right place for this question: I usually type the text of the posts directly into the forum and it sometimes happens, that the whole text disappears, while I am still typing. Is there a means to avoid that or recuperate the lost text?
Thanks!

Stevie B

Current Member
Hi,
I don´t know if this is the right place for this question: I usually type the text of the posts directly into the forum and it sometimes happens, that the whole text disappears, while I am still typing. Is there a means to avoid that or recuperate the lost text?
Thanks!
I’m still having trouble uploading pictures. Also, some pictures from past posts have disappeared.

Leseratte

I’m still having trouble uploading pictures. Also, some pictures from past posts have disappeared.
Some forum softwares limit the accepted formats. There is also a limit of size. It happened to me here the other day. If the picture is important I try to download and include a similar one in another format and/ or size.

But I wonder if we are here in the right thread for these questions, @Stevie B . It´s an old thread and only admins and monitors used it.

Leseratte

I tried to change mine too for a test, but didn´t succeed either. I think it has to do with the 400x400 pixels thing.

Liam

Administrator
I'm having trouble uploading pictures, no matter what size. I think this started after we lost the Forum for a few days recently and Stewart had to reconfigure the whole system. I'll email him about it, but it may take some time to resolve this issue. Please be patient, :)

All the reply options like linking are grayed out in my reply boxes right now. Glitch?

The “Attach files” tab at the bottom of the reply screens is working.

Leseratte

Try checking out of your account and then check in again. If nothing changes I would send a PM to @Stewart. Because you link a lot of material the software thinks maybe that you are a spammer.

^ Apparently a browser problem with Safari, so I have switched over to Chrome which I also have on my iPad. Stewart and I worked it out. Thanks for the suggestion of contacting him!

Safari can be glitchy and is not Apple’s best product by a long shot.