Meet the Nominees for the 2022 Nordic Council Literature Prize

Leseratte

Don´t know if this is of any help for the discussion of the Nobel, but here it is:

One curiosity( at least for me): one of the nominees is Linn Ullmann, the daughter of Liv Ullmann and Ingmar Bergmann.
Didn´t read any of her books yet.She has inherited her mother`s expressive eyes.

Last edited:

alik-vit

Reader
Don´t know if this is of any help for the discussion of the Nobel, but here it is:

One curiosity( atleast for me): one of the nominees is Linn Ullmann, the daughter of Liv Ullmann and Ingmar Bergmann.
Didn´t read any of her books yet.She has inherited her mother`s expressive eyes.
I have read three novels by Linn Ulman. It was many years ago, but I remember my very very positive impressions.

alik-vit

Reader
So she isn´t a recent author as I thought. In which language did you read her @alik-vit?
I have read "When you close to me" ("Stella descending" in English), "Grace" and "A blessed chlld". It's all in Russian. "A Blessed child" was good reading, but two another novels are marvelous dark stories on love, death and passion. Such stories in best tradition of Bergman.

Ben Jackson

One curiosity( at least for me): one of the nominees is Linn Ullmann, the daughter of Liv Ullmann and Ingmar Bergmann.
Thanks for this information, my dear.

I don't know that famed director Ingmar Bergman has a daughter writing any literary works. I thought all his children were into the movies and other stuff.

Leseratte

Thanks for this information, my dear.

I don't know that famed director Ingmar Bergman has a daughter writing any literary works. I thought all his children were into the movies and other stuff.
I didn't know it either, Ben. Last news I had about Linn, was when I read Liv Ullmann's book Mutations. Linn was still a child.