Nobel Prize in Literature 2012

Bartleby

Couldn’t find a Mo Yan thread, so I’m posting here. A new book by the Chinese author came out, a collection of 12 novellas/short stories, apparently all set in today’s time, tackling very contemporary things like the internet... wonder how that’s gonna read:

I’m curious as to why they write the title also in English on the cover of a Chinese-language book

Last edited:

Ater Lividus Ruber & V

我ヲ學ブ者ハ死ス
I'm excited for this. I don't know what the selection is in English, but in French, one can find a large choice of his novellas. Those are, in my opinion, superior to his long novels. A connected suite of novellas should be excellent. Serendipitously enough, the novel of his I liked the most had him inserting himself into it (Republic of Wine).

I will say, however, that this almost seems like an apology for the Chinese Government censoring the internet. Will be worthwhile to see how that's expressed in this book.

Ater Lividus Ruber & V

我ヲ學ブ者ハ死ス
I figured you were joking when you said it. I brought it up more to substantiate that previously there was an article about his new book, but that now that thread seems have ended up in oblivion.