Not again

accidie

Reader
Months ago I began to visit this site much less often out of frustration. On those rare occasions when I tried to post, posts were often blocked because I was told that I wasn't logged in (when I patently was) or that I needed to have permission to post. There was a thread here about the problem but it's now closed because the problem was 'sorted'. I'd not looked at the site for weeks, finally did so this evening, and tried to post: The problem is not sorted. Not logged in, haven't permission, same old same old. If the problem can't be cured, it would be very nice if someone trying to post could get this message as soon as the box for the post showed on screen, rather than after some thought had been put into composing a post. Thanks for any help you can give.

Stewart

Administrator
Staff member
I'll look into it tomorrow, when I have a chance. May need the software updated.

lenz

Reader
I find it happens after about five to ten minutes of inactivity, when you are automatically timed out and logged out. Is it possible to extend the allowable time for apparent inactivity - which can, in fact involve composing a reply or looking at a linked site - to 15 or 20 minutes?

accidie

Reader
Ah, I'd no idea that there was a time limit on inactive mintues when logged in here . . . . If there is, it doesn't make sense to me, as one can spend a lot of time reading before deciding to add a post. And, if there is, why does top of page indicate that one's still logged in when one's been timed out and can no longer post?