Odd layout problem on Sigitas Parulskis thread

Eric

Former Member
I was just posting a reply to Liam on the Sigitas Parulskis thread and there appear to be strange numbering and repetition problems.

hdw

Reader
I was just posting a reply to Liam on the Sigitas Parulskis thread and there appear to be strange numbering and repetition problems.

There's a "Database error". If you click on General Chat, it doesn't show who has made the latest postings on some of the threads, although if you click on the name of the actual thread, it does show the latest post. I know as I've posted several times this morning.

Harry

Eric

Former Member
Yes, I keep getting this "Database error" business. Is it curable? I post, it says database error. I go back, post again, then it implies "ha, ha, fooled you, you've already posted that one". This does cause an element of irritation.

Liam

Administrator
I am more concerned with the 0 and the negative #s that you're seeing, because I myself don't see them: the thread's layout appears quite normal, which makes me wonder: perhaps something I have posted previously and which I can see perfectly does not appear on other users' monitors? :eek: There's also this whole American/European thing; last time we were having problems of this sort, it was mostly European users who were complaining; American/South American users, meanwhile, did not experience any of these database errors.

N

nightwood

To me the mentioned thread looks perfectly normal, no problems of any kind or odd numbers or letters to be seen... and I do see actually who made the last posting also.

N

nightwood

To me the mentioned thread looks perfectly normal, no problems of any kind or odd numbers or letters to be seen... and I do see actually who made the last posting also.

Strange thing happend ... this thread with the layout problem kicked me out of WLF as a whole and I couldnt do anything anymore and I did have the database error as well , so I was surprised now to see that my posting made it at all :confused:

Unlike the Parulskis thread here I do NOT see the last poster, it says 1 even there are already a couple more...

Edit: next problem... "The following errors occurred with your submission
This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 29 seconds."

Several minutes have gone but it still says "29 seconds"

Liam

Administrator
there appear to be strange numbering and repetition problems.
You know, a sudden thought hit me that this is very much in the spirit of Parulskis, :p!

Several minutes have gone but it still says "29 seconds"
Yeah, keep trying. I often have this problem myself, but usually the forum allows you to re-post within a minute. It shouldn't be several minutes.

PS. Has anyone contacted Stewart about this?

Stiffelio

Reader
I'm encountering some odd little problems today as well, like getting an error when I post something but then confirming that the post has gone through alright, or not being directed to the last unread post on a given thread despite the fact that it is highlighted.

Liam

Administrator
I'm wondering if this could be a virus? I mean, we're getting so many unsolicited adverts these days, it's like those fuckers have no shame. I don't know how they get through, but they do, I keep reporting them, Stewart keeps deleting, and yet they still come in droves.

I don't know what happened to Bjorn, but we need some more mods around here, preferably from different time-zones, :).

Elie

Reader
There's a "Database error". If you click on General Chat, it doesn't show who has made the latest postings on some of the threads, although if you click on the name of the actual thread, it does show the latest post. I know as I've posted several times this morning.

Harry

I'm getting this problem too.

Eric

Former Member
Nothing changed yet (01:28 local Swedish time, 23rd August 2011) so I'm still using my home-grown method of posting. But it does also mean that the latest postings are not recorded properly and that some threads look as if no one has posted to them on the main webpage.