Previous Years' Ladbrokes Odds

Pigeon

Hello! Just for fun I've been compiling the Ladbrokes odds for the Nobel into a spreadsheet. Even though the betting odds don't really mean anything, I still think it's kind of an fun way to compile a list of living (or recently deceased) writers from around the world, and it's interesting to see how the fortunes of some writers have shifted from year to year.

Anyways, I believe Ladbrokes has been taking bets on the literature prize since 2004, but so far I've only been able to find the complete list of odds back to 2009 (using a combination of archive.org and news articles). Does anyone happen to have this data for 2004-2008? I emailed Ladbrokes about it but they weren't any help.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Pigeon

Does literature happen to interest you beyond the Nobel Prize and spreadsheets? :)
Haha! Of course, I have to occasionally read the books to give the spreadsheets meaning.

Just kidding. Yes I'm interested in literature! This is just a fun, kind of silly way to flesh out my reading list a bit. (though, I do also have to admit that I find the process of collecting and organizing information --even trivial information -- about things I'm interested in to be quite satisfying in and of itself.)

Besides, I figured if there was any group of people that might also find this kind of information interesting it would be the people that try to guess the nobel prize every year by analyzing the Swedish Academy's library statistics.

Last edited: