Nobel Prize in Literature 2022 Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's a difficult case. That novel is one of the desperate efforts by Homero Aridjis to win the novel prize.

Yeh, I certainly wouldn't have said it spoke to me of a writer whose body of work was likely to be Nobel worthy (though that being said, it didn't exclude the possibility that it might be)... I mean, it was well-written and harrowing, but it didn't speak to me at a deep level particularly. I've read nothing else by him (yet) so can't judge the rest.

Daniel del Real

Yeh, I certainly wouldn't have said it spoke to me of a writer whose body of work was likely to be Nobel worthy (though that being said, it didn't exclude the possibility that it might be)... I mean, it was well-written and harrowing, but it didn't speak to me at a deep level particularly. I've read nothing else by him (yet) so can't judge the rest.

If he wins not only environmentalists but drug dealers will feel represented. A strange duo.

I will recommend to read one of his first and latest books, so you can see the problems with his writing.

Marba

Reader
Newspaper Expressen also does one of those where they asks many in the literature/culture sector who they hope will be awarded.

Names mentioned: Nina Bouraoui, Hélène Cixous, Elena Ferrante, Karl Ove Knausgård, Cormac McCarthy, Scholastique Mukasonga, Salman Rushdie and Dag Solstad.

They also asked about favourite laureates, and also here noone was mentioned more than once:
William Faulkner, Ernest Hemingway, Halldór Laxness, Albert Camus, Nelly Sachs, José Saramago, Elfriede Jelinek, Herta Müller, Svetlana Alexievich,

Status
Not open for further replies.