hayden's latest activity

• hayden
    hayden reacted to Scott89119's post in the thread Alice Munro (1931-2024) with Like Like.
    Boy does this make my heart heavy. She was a profound, seminal talent. This snippet from "Amundsen" will always be one of the most...
  • hayden
    hayden posted the thread Alice Munro (1931-2024) in Obituaries.
    Alice Munro has passed away at 92.
  • hayden
    hayden reacted to CapreseBoi's post in the thread WLF Prize in Literature 2024 with Like Like.
    Ive read some (or one?) Ulitskaya and almost all of my queen Anne, and although it's going to be obvious who I'm voting for, I have to...
  • hayden
    hayden reacted to Daniel del Real's post in the thread Paul Auster (1947-2024) with Sad Sad.
    https://www.theguardian.com/books/2024/may/01/paul-auster-dies-aged-77-death-american-author-new-york-trilogy
  • hayden
    hayden reacted to Phil D's post in the thread International Booker Prize with Like Like.
    Dunno what neck of the woods you're referring to, but I thought it was really good. I thought she brought together the strands of...
  • hayden
    hayden replied to the thread International Booker Prize.
    Not to wish misfortune, but I'm glad Undiscovered didn't make the cut. Found it a very difficult work to care about. Felt like one of...
  • hayden
    hayden reacted to Bartleby's post in the thread International Booker Prize with Like Like.
    Now, the 2024 shortlist: Not a River by Selva Almada, translated by Annie McDermott Kairos by Jenny Erpenbeck, translated by Michael...
  • hayden
    hayden reacted to Bartleby's post in the thread International Booker Prize with Like Like.
    The 2024 international booker prize longlist: Not a River by Selva Almada, translated by Annie McDermott Simpatía by Rodrigo Blanco...
  • hayden
    hayden replied to the thread John Barth (1930-2024).
    A postmodern legend. Glad he got to live such a long life. I think he's the last of his generation (bar maybe Pynchon, who might not...
  • hayden
    hayden replied to the thread Maryse Condé (1934-2024).
    It's excellent she got to live such a long life and received a notable uptick in recognition later in her career. Doesn't happen to...
  • hayden
    hayden replied to the thread N. Scott Momaday (1934-2024).
    I'm a little late, but this is my first time hearing about this. His recent works Earth Keeper and The Death of Sitting Bear are...