kpjayan's latest activity

• K
    kpjayan reacted to Bartleby's post in the thread César Aira with Like Like.
    https://www.theguardian.com/news/article/2024/may/07/cesar-airas-unreal-magic-how-the-eccentric-author-took-over-latin-american-literature
  • K
    kpjayan reacted to tiganeasca's post in the thread Recently Begun Books with Like Like.
    🇮🇳 Sarat Chandra Chatterji, Stories From Saratchandra 🇲🇾 Tan Twan Eng, The House of Doors 🇺🇸 Kai Bird and Martin Sherwin, American...
  • K
    kpjayan reacted to tiganeasca's post in the thread Non-Writer Obituaries with Haha Haha.
    Haven't read much Bret Easton Ellis, but in my world, the Republican Party is about to nominate an American Pyscho for President.
  • K
    kpjayan reacted to Ленин's post in the thread Recently finished books? with Like Like.
    Anne Carson - Eros the Bittersweet, an essay. - This is my favorite work by Anne Carson so far. Well researched, extremely well written...
  • K
    kpjayan reacted to alik-vit's post in the thread What do you do? with Like Like.
    We have this one in the Botanic garden of SPb, and it's great annual attraction for visitors (night opening, etc.). But your flower is...
  • K
    kpjayan replied to the thread Indian Literature.
    https://www.telegraphindia.com/elections/lok-sabha-election-2024/constant-fear-of-backlash-tends-to-choke-the-creative-impulse-in-land-of...
  • K
    kpjayan replied to the thread What do you do?.
    imagine the long wait of one year for this flower to bloom for one night and wilt before dawn ( a life of 6 hrs). Last time, he/she...
    • fl2.jpg
    • Untitled.jpg
  • K
    kpjayan reacted to Phil D's post in the thread Recently finished books? with Like Like.
    🇦🇷 Mariana Enriquez - Las cosas que perdimos en el fuego (Things We Lost in the Fire) (++) Short stories, mostly horror. Horror's not...
  • K
    kpjayan reacted to Rodica's post in the thread Recent Purchases/Borrowings with Haha Haha.
    I forgot to mention that I read the Romanian translation. I don't think you will perceive the book really long, it's more of a...
  • K
    kpjayan reacted to Morbid Swither's post in the thread Recent Purchases/Borrowings with Like Like.
    New book purchases this month have arrived: Sobbing Superpower: Selected Poems of Tadeusz Rozewicz Warda, translation of Dar...
  • K
    kpjayan reacted to Liam's post in the thread What do you do? with Like Like.
    I actually love to garden, but yeah, urban living and all. NYC is like one big concrete jungle. I love staying at my friend's house in...
  • K
    kpjayan reacted to alik-vit's post in the thread What do you do? with Like Like.
    I know, folks, you are not big fans of gardening, but I want to boast of my newest "pet". It's imperial fritillary. I planted the bulbs...
  • K
    kpjayan reacted to Rodica's post in the thread Your favourite painting with Like Like.
    Last December I read The King and the Corpse by Heinrich Zimmer. After Zimmer's death, Joseph Campbell structured this book based on...
  • K
    kpjayan reacted to Rodica's post in the thread Your favourite painting with Like Like.
    One of my favorite paintings is Untitled created in 1982 by Jean-Michel Basquiat. 4 years ago a friend talked to a painter who made this...
  • K
    kpjayan reacted to Daniel del Real's post in the thread Paul Auster (1947-2024) with Sad Sad.
    https://www.theguardian.com/books/2024/may/01/paul-auster-dies-aged-77-death-american-author-new-york-trilogy