Leseratte's latest activity

• Leseratte
    Leseratte replied to the thread Recently Begun Books.
    Started to read Novel Without Name. So far enjoying it: interesting plot, wonderful style. Not enjoying so much reading the book in...
  • Leseratte
    Leseratte reacted to Stevie B's post in the thread Recently finished books? with Wow Wow.
    I'm a Laura Linney fan as well. As far as Olympia Dukakis is concerned, I'm old enough to remember when she came to national prominence...
  • Leseratte
    Leseratte reacted to Phil D's post in the thread Recently finished books? with Like Like.
    🇺🇸 Raymond Chandler - Playback (++) Silly plot, but when the prose is this stylish who cares.
  • Leseratte
    Leseratte reacted to tiganeasca's post in the thread Nigerian Literature with Like Like.
    And here are a few scattered others. Cyprian Ekwensi, Burning Grass ⭐⭐⭐ Ekwensi, a highly regarded Nigerian novelist, may have...
  • Leseratte
    Leseratte reacted to Ben Jackson's post in the thread Nigerian Literature with Love Love.
    Among poetry volumes from Africa in this century, one of the finest remains Sahara Testaments by Tade Ipadeola, which has already...
  • Leseratte
    Leseratte reacted to DouglasM's post in the thread Nigerian Literature with Like Like.
    I know it's a completely irrelevant commentary, but I really think Nigeria has some of the coolest book titles in literature.
  • Leseratte
    Leseratte reacted to Ludus's post in the thread Pulitzer Prizes with Like Like.
    This year's Pulitzer winner list includes Cristina Rivera Garza's memoir El invencible verano de Liliana, originally published in...
  • Leseratte
    Leseratte reacted to tiganeasca's post in the thread Recently Begun Books with Like Like.
    🇮🇳 Sarat Chandra Chatterji, Stories From Saratchandra 🇲🇾 Tan Twan Eng, The House of Doors 🇺🇸 Kai Bird and Martin Sherwin, American...
  • Leseratte
    Leseratte reacted to The Common Reader's post in the thread Jon Fosse with Love Love.
    I just came across this essay by the translator of some of Fosse's plays into (American) English...
  • Leseratte
    Leseratte reacted to Liam's post in the thread Non-Writer Obituaries with Sad Sad.
    ^I wouldn't put it past them, they've done it once before already, 😵‍💫
  • Leseratte
    Leseratte reacted to tiganeasca's post in the thread Non-Writer Obituaries with Sad Sad.
    Haven't read much Bret Easton Ellis, but in my world, the Republican Party is about to nominate an American Pyscho for President.
  • Leseratte
    Leseratte reacted to Benny Profane's post in the thread Non-Writer Obituaries with Sad Sad.
    Bernard Pivot, French journalist and interviewer, who popularized Literature by his television Program called Apostrophes passed away...
  • Leseratte
    Leseratte reacted to Ленин's post in the thread Recently finished books? with Like Like.
    Anne Carson - Eros the Bittersweet, an essay. - This is my favorite work by Anne Carson so far. Well researched, extremely well written...
  • Leseratte
    Leseratte reacted to Phil D's post in the thread Recently finished books? with Like Like.
    🇦🇷 Mariana Enriquez - Las cosas que perdimos en el fuego (Things We Lost in the Fire) (++) Short stories, mostly horror. Horror's not...
  • Leseratte
    Leseratte reacted to alik-vit's post in the thread What do you do? with Like Like.
    We have this one in the Botanic garden of SPb, and it's great annual attraction for visitors (night opening, etc.). But your flower is...