nagisa's latest activity

• nagisa
    nagisa reacted to The Common Reader's post in the thread Jon Fosse with Like Like.
    I just came across this essay by the translator of some of Fosse's plays into (American) English...
  • nagisa
    nagisa reacted to Cleanthess's post in the thread Russian Literature with Like Like.
    All I know is that if walked into Christie's, opened an auction display holding a $650,000, 115 carat diamond for "research" and replied...
  • nagisa
    nagisa reacted to tiganeasca's post in the thread Russian Literature with Wow Wow.
    [continued from previous post] Prices of books published during the lifetimes of the holy trinity of Russian Romantic writers —...
  • nagisa
    nagisa reacted to tiganeasca's post in the thread Recently finished books? with Like Like.
    Wrong. That is the single most important word in the review and tells me exactly what I want to know!
  • nagisa
    nagisa reacted to alik-vit's post in the thread Recently Begun Books with Like Like.
    "Murambi, The book of bones" by Boubacar Boris Diop "Queen Ginga and how Africans invented the world" by José Eduardo Agualusa
  • nagisa
    nagisa reacted to tiganeasca's post in the thread Recently Begun Books with Like Like.
    ?? Duong Thu Huong, Memories of a Pure Spring ?? Mishima Yukio, The Sound of Waves
  • nagisa
    nagisa reacted to Chandos MD's post in the thread Recently Begun Books with Like Like.
    I recently started the new English translation of Jelinek’s The Children of the Dead. I realized I’d lost the plot entirely about 100...
  • nagisa
    nagisa reacted to Bartleby's post in the thread Yan Lianke with Like Like.
    An interesting text written by the author, and adapted from an upcoming book of essays, dealing with the issue of writing in (and about)...
  • nagisa
    nagisa reacted to Cleanthess's post in the thread Recently finished books? with Like Like.
    That's the problem with reading in translation poets whose main gift is to make their mother tongue sing: their poetry is what's lost in...
  • nagisa
    nagisa reacted to Hamishe22's post in the thread Recently finished books? with Haha Haha.
    The Poetry of Jaroslav Seifert by Jaroslav Seifert, translated by Edward Osers I thought that Winston Churchill was the most puzzling...
  • nagisa
    nagisa reacted to tiganeasca's post in the thread Recently finished books? with Like Like.
    Although I finished this some time ago, I only just now realized that I neglected to review it. ?? Xiaolu Guo, Village of Stone...
  • nagisa
    nagisa reacted to Liam's post in the thread Recently finished books? with Like Like.
    I think we're all pervy in one way or another: but most of us are very good at hiding it, ?
  • nagisa
    nagisa reacted to Stevie B's post in the thread Recently finished books? with Haha Haha.
    Your description of the Stow novel sounds intriguing, but I'll first need to start with my unread copy of Tourmaline. I looked over the...
  • nagisa
    nagisa reacted to josearcadiobuendia's post in the thread Best reads of 2023 with Like Like.
    A bad year for me as I haven't read as much as I'd have liked. Still, here's my top 5 (all rated 8+/10) ?? Gabriela, clove and cinnamon...
  • nagisa
    nagisa reacted to Rodica's post in the thread Best reads of 2023 with Like Like.
    He said that he did not write literature to publish books, but to live in them. He definitely felt good in Theodoros. I consider it a...