Phil D's latest activity

• Phil D
    Phil D reacted to Ludus's post in the thread Pulitzer Prizes with Like Like.
    This year's Pulitzer winner list includes Cristina Rivera Garza's memoir El invencible verano de Liliana, originally published in...
  • Phil D
    Phil D reacted to dc007777's post in the thread Recently finished books? with Like Like.
    Tales of the City, More Tales of the City, Further Tales of the City, and Babycakes-Armistead Maupin. First four books in Maupin's...
  • Phil D
    Phil D reacted to The Common Reader's post in the thread Recently finished books? with Like Like.
    I highly recommend Just Above My Head, it is everything you said about Baldwin's late work (passionate, lived-in, and messy) and much...
  • Phil D
    Phil D reacted to Ленин's post in the thread Recently finished books? with Like Like.
    Anne Carson - Eros the Bittersweet, an essay. - This is my favorite work by Anne Carson so far. Well researched, extremely well written...
  • Phil D
    Phil D replied to the thread Recently finished books?.
    🇦🇷 Mariana Enriquez - Las cosas que perdimos en el fuego (Things We Lost in the Fire) (++) Short stories, mostly horror. Horror's not...
  • Phil D
    Phil D reacted to alik-vit's post in the thread Recently Begun Books with Like Like.
    "Jazz" is love of my life. Truly amazing book.
  • Phil D
    Phil D replied to the thread New & Notable.
    P.S. For those who don't know what Australian football ('footy' or 'Aussie rules') is, here's a short video that gives a pretty good...
  • Phil D
    Phil D replied to the thread New & Notable.
    New Helen Garner book, The Season, a memoir about Australian football, coming August 2024 🥰🏉...
  • Phil D
    Phil D reacted to Benny Profane's post in the thread Manuel Bandeira with Love Love.
    Please, @Cleanthess, give us the honour and the opportunity to translate this beautiful poem by Manuel Bandeira: À Sombra das...
  • Phil D
    Phil D reacted to Ben Jackson's post in the thread Recently Begun Books with Like Like.
    Big Green Tent--- Ludmila Ulitskaya Open Secrets--- Alice Munro Jazz--- Toni Morrison
  • Phil D
    Phil D reacted to alik-vit's post in the thread Recently finished books? with Like Like.
    Mia Couto, Sleepwalking Land - I think, it's his best novel. (But I didn't read whole Sands of the Emperor, only its first volume...
  • Phil D
    Phil D reacted to alik-vit's post in the thread Recently Begun Books with Like Like.
    Ananda Devi, When night agrees to speak to me Hayden White, The Practical Past (in Rus.)
  • Phil D
    Phil D reacted to tiganeasca's post in the thread New & Notable with Haha Haha.
    :rolleyes:
  • Phil D
    Phil D reacted to Rodica's post in the thread Your favourite painting with Haha Haha.
    Last December I read The King and the Corpse by Heinrich Zimmer. After Zimmer's death, Joseph Campbell structured this book based on...
  • Phil D
    Phil D reacted to tiganeasca's post in the thread Russian Literature with Wow Wow.
    [continued from previous post] Prices of books published during the lifetimes of the holy trinity of Russian Romantic writers —...