Search results

1. Ludus

César Aira

he's so full of shit I love him
  2. Ludus

Pulitzer Prizes

This year's Pulitzer winner list includes Cristina Rivera Garza's memoir El invencible verano de Liliana, originally published in Spanish, probably her best regarded work to date, a detailed and emotional account of her sister's femicide. https://www.pulitzer.org/prize-winners-by-year
  3. Ludus

International Booker Prize

Glad to see Selva Almada and Gabriela Wiener on the list! I met Wiener when she was a lecturer on a writing course I'm taking, I read Nueve lunas in preparation for it, and I thought it was good although not too impressive. I've heard Huaco retrato is her best work, so I'm glad she got nominated.
  4. Ludus

WLF Virtual Meet-up

Hello friends! I'd love to join! I'm currently living in Spain so it would be 5pm:)
  5. Ludus

Juan Rulfo: Pedro Páramo

Oh shit my bad, i wanted to comment on the post while reading it but i got distracted:( I moved, for a masters degree. I will be staying here for six months or so:)
  6. Ludus

Juan Rulfo: Pedro Páramo

The most widely known version of this story says it was not Julio Cortázar, but colombian Álvaro Mutis. This makes a lot of sense because Mutis and García Márquez lived in México for the longest time and were very close friends.
  7. Ludus

Recent Purchases/Borrowings

Just got by mail argentinian poet Alejandra Pixarnik's Diaries and I'm already depressed.
  8. Ludus

Nobel Prize in Literature 2023

In case he´s still reading us... Hi, Damion! Congratulations, you did a great job on that translation project. I would bet that your excellent version of Fosse´s books was not an insignificant part of the Swedish Academy´s decision. Feel free to join us anytime:) If he´s not, then let me talk...
  9. Ludus

Sextopiso just published the first volume of Fosse's collected poems in Spanish translation.
  10. Ludus

Premio Cervantes

11. Ludus

Enrique Dussel (1934-2023)

Argentinian legendary Marxist philosopher, who wrote about decolonial thought, ethics and liberation, died in México City at 89 years old. https://elpais.com/mexico/2023-11-06/muere-enrique-dussel-fundador-de-la-filosofia-de-la-liberacion-a-los-89-anos.html?outputType=amp
  12. Ludus

Ida Vitale

Uruguayan poet and Cervantes prize laureate Ida Vitale is now 100 years old. https://www.rtve.es/noticias/20231102/ida-vitale-cumple-100-anos-poeta-incandescente-traves-palabras-vejez-segunda-adolescencia/2459866.shtml
  13. Ludus

Neustadt International Prize for Literature

También el Fondo pública Mapocho, que es algo más larga y también baratísima.
  14. Ludus

Space Invaders!
  15. Ludus

I've only read Fernández and Luiselli from the list, and I would go for Fernández. She is a terrific writer.
  16. Ludus

WLF Prize 2024 - Lyudmila Ulitskaya

I read Sónechka last year and I really liked it, I think it might be a good entry point, cuz it's very short and complex: you can see her playing with the Russian literature tradition and making it her own.
  17. Ludus

WLF Prize in Literature 2024

She's gonna be a lecturer on a masters degree I'm studying, and I'm very excited for that class!
  18. Ludus

I was wondering where did I got it in the first place!
  19. Ludus

WLF Prize in Literature 2024

Some of my ideal names: Mariana Enríquez Cristina Peri Rossi Louise Erdrich Cristina Rivera Garza Maryse Condé Leila Guerriero Ida Vitale Duong Thu Huong Yoko Ogawa
  20. Ludus

Nobel Prize in Literature 2023 Speculation

You look like your name should be Red