Search results

1. R

Arundathi Roy- The Ministry of Utmost Happiness

Have been meaning to read this book for long and finally got time. It is a day's read but synthesising and understanding the contextual backstory of the book is a long process. There is a half-page introduction before the first chapter 'Where do old birds go to die', it gives a brilliant prelude...
  2. R

16 Goals for 2018

I hope it's alright if I mention just two. Apologies for not sticking to the format here, but 2018 is drawing to a close, and I wanted a realistic goal. So, here goes: 2 Writers to Read for the First Time 1. Clarice Lispector 2. Anais Nin Anybody familiar with their works? Any suggestions?
  3. R

Are you sociable, book lovers?

I'm sorry about your situation, phantasy. I hope things get better for you. As Brodsky said, "there is no embrace that won't ever unclasp." Pain, therefore, is only temporary. As for me, I like spending time alone. I'm not very social, but I do possess reasonably good social skills.
  4. R

Introduce yourself

Thanks, Peter! I think so, too. Rainer is a very evocative name. I am not a very keen reader of poetry (much less lyrical poetry). Prose is my staple, but I do find poetry very enriching when I engage. Is this by Rilke? Google Translate helped me appreciate this.
  5. R

Introduce yourself

Thanks, Peter! I think so, too. Rainer is a very evocative name. I'm not a very keen reader of poetry (much less lyrical poetry). Prose is my staple, but I do find poetry very enriching.