Antonio Scurati

The Common Reader

Prominent Italian writer, Scurati has been climbing his space when he published his first book of a tetralogy about Mussolini, intitled M: Son of the Century.

WOW! I thought it was misprint where you wrote "tetralogy." I understood that his project was a trilogy. But then I saw this in the wiki bio:
The series was initially planned as a trilogy.[16] It is currently projected as a tetralogy.[17] In October 2022, Scurati commented: "At this point it is clear that I will need a fourth and perhaps a fifth to complete the parable".[18] So, a pentalogy is possibly in the making?
I was considering the first volume, which is out in English, for my book group: 1681304424068.png We recently read Mark Helprin's novel A Soldier from the Great War, which covers a lot of roughly the same ground in terms of historical period. Has any of Scurati's work been translated into Portuguese? Have you read him, and if so, what are your impressions?

Benny Profane

^^Two of these books of this tetralogy. :)
I think the third book will be published next year here.

No, I haven't read them yet. I'd like to read when all volumes are published here.

Trivia: When Bolsonaro was president, the former Secretary of Culture, Roberto Alvim, wanted to seem Goebbels and plagiarized his speech using Son of the Century and the biography of Goebbels by Peter Longerich.
Grotesque, at least! ?

Last edited: