Classic Russian Literature

vijayraj7

I am doing some research for a love story and one of the books which I want to read is "The Life of a Peasant Women" By Nikolai Leskov, but I can't find an English edition of this book. I have gone through many sites like project Gutenberg,etc.
Can anyone please help me out and let me know where can I find an English translation of this book.

tiganeasca

I have four separate collections of Leskov's writings (there's surprisingly little overlap among them). Not one of them has anything with a title remotely similar to that. Unless it is possible that it was translated under a different title, I think you may have a lot of trouble finding it.

vijayraj7

I have four separate collections of Leskov's writings (there's surprisingly little overlap among them). Not one of them has anything with a title remotely similar to that. Unless it is possible that it was translated under a different title, I think you may have a lot of trouble finding it.
The book is also called as "The life of a Women" i am attaching the synopsis here

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200525-233420.jpg
    Screenshot_20200525-233420.jpg
    569.6 KB · Views: 3

Liam

Administrator
I don't think this novella was translated into any language other than German. You can find the original Russian text online. I couldn't find it in English anywhere.