database error

lenz

Reader
I can't send quick replies because of "database error," whatever that is.
Only advanced box works. A search led to a dbe, as well.

Eric

Former Member
The search function appears to be out of action. But I've found out how to post. Do the following:

1) Write your message as normal.
2) Save it by pressing "Go Advanced" or later "Preview Post".
3) Send it as normal. You will then get that bloody "Database error" message. But do not despair. Press the arrow to go back to the same posting you've just sent and send it again. You will then get a message that you've sent it twice, but after a few seconds of doing nothing more, you will have the message posted - and only once.

Loki

Reader
The same problem. I write the post, I click on "Submit Reply" and it gives me "Database Error", but the message has been posted. The only thing is that sometimes it doesn't appear that my message is the last, and yet the message is there.
I don't what's happening, I hope Stewart can come soon and fix all this, whatever it is.

Eric

Former Member
I too hope Stewart can come and liberate this website from the bondage and slavery of that bloody "Database failure" notice. I'm still using my Heath Robinson method of posting here, as describe earlier. Seems to work.

Eric

Former Member
All the numbering of postings is messed up, as some postings now have minus numbers. (That is what I first noticed on the Parulskis thread, but it happens everywhere now.) Also on the main lists, the number of postings on a particular thread is no longer registered, as someone already mentioned. So there are multiple problems to be solved.

Loki

Reader
Even for this thread it gives 0 posts.
Anyway, you don't need any method. I subscribe my post as always, the only thing is that now it appears that page, and I can't even refresh the page: I have to go to the home page of the forum.

Also, the Search function does not work. At least to me. Anybody else has tried?

Loki

Reader
Even for this thread it gives 0 posts.
Anyway, you don't need any method. I subscribe my post as always, the only thing is that now it appears that page, and I can't even refresh the page: I have to go to the home page of the forum.

Also, the Search function does not work. At least to me. Anybody else has tried?

Eric

Former Member
Search function does not work.
The renewal and numbering of threads is all wrong.
Posting is complicated by the "Database error" message.
If you want to correct your message, I think that goes wrong too.

Otherwise things seem to be OK, but I hope this chaos ends soon.

Eric

Former Member
Right now, this thread had minus seven, plus nought and one posts. It seems a rather Martian way of counting postings. And unless you specifically look at this thread, this post will not show on any other part of the website. What a muddle. Where's Stewart, by the way, and his co-owner Björn?

Eric

Former Member
Right now, this thread had minus seven, plus nought and one posts. It seems a rather Martian way of counting postings. And unless you specifically look at this thread, this post will not show on any other part of the website. What a muddle. Where's Stewart, by the way, and his co-owner Björn?

hdw

Reader
It reminds me of that British diplomat who memorably announced, with all the gravitas that the Diplomatic Corps is capable of, "I'm fucked, you're fucked, we're all fucked" (more people than that were fucked, but I can't remember the exact quote).

Harry

Eric

Former Member
There's still something wrong with the database, because although I found no problem posting to the thread about "impeccable English" (not "Englis" which I could not correct), the numbering here now goes down to minus ten, which is quite cold for August.

Eric

Former Member
Correction: within the past couple of minutes, Stewart seems to have come to the rescue. Hurray!

Loki

Reader
There are 14 posts right now, it seems to work better now.
And the search function works again.