Forum Status - June 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stewart

Administrator
Staff member
I've been busy, far too busy, with my dayjob. For some reason I was never receiving notifications about posts, messages, complaints, etc. Mistake!

So I'm back, assessing the damage. I expect it will take me quite a bit of time digging through threads, sorting through intercepted messages, updating unfinished CSS coding, removing/improving areas, and the like.

Please bear with me. Once I'm done, I suspect I'm going to implement a new code of conduct and disable all accounts until they agree with the new code of conduct.

The topic of the forum is world literature and, aside from the off-topic forum, this remains the topic. The only topic. This is the topic I pay out of my own pocket for people to have a space to talk about. I'm not paying for them to be racist, post meaningless tat, be argumentative or dismissive, or whatever else the topic of the number of reported posts appears to be. All that disrespects me, indirectly.

I always hoped that a forum on a mature subject like this would attract serious users. While it does, and I appreciate their continued use of the forum, I have to concede that any forum is destined to attract its fair share of trolls and poseurs. These will be dealt with accordingly.

So, for now, please use the forum as I intended; as a discussion platform for world literature. And if you can't be civil in a response, don't respond at all. And if you can't put your feelings into words, don't respond at all. And if you know your response will just generate more of the same back at you, then don't respond at all.

That is all. For now.

Status
Not open for further replies.