Forum Tinkering

Stewart

Administrator
Staff member
Just a note to say that I'll be playing around with the forum over the next week or so. So, if something seems strange, it's because I'm messing around in the background.

There may be a couple of occasions where I temporarily close it down to allow for software updates.

On the plus side, the first change I've made is to stop the auto-moderation tool picking up members' posts when there's a link or two in it. Once you're over twenty posts, your posts will no longer be scanned for potential spam.

And, talking of spam, I've removed almost ten thousand accounts from the forum: mostly auto-spam signups. The reduced number gives a more accurate picture of the site's user base.

Stewart

Administrator
Staff member
So, some tinkering done today. We have a new post editor and an autosave feature, and some of the text on user profiles is now legible (until I get the colours sorted). Expect more.

Eric

Former Member
I got a funny message just now when trying to post: "your token has expired". What does that mean, because it stopped me posting?

The autosave feature is a great boon, as it stops you suddenly losing things. It didn't however stop me losing that expired token message.

Stewart

Administrator
Staff member
I got a funny message just now when trying to post: "your token has expired". What does that mean, because it stopped me posting?
It's to do with your session, I think. A bit of IT geekery that's probably worth investigating if it wasn't just a one-off hiccup on the server's part. We'll see if others report it.

Eric

Former Member
It's gone now, as far as I can see. But it took away one of my messages, so that I've been extra careful with a back-up copy today. Though I imagine that it's gone now, and we can in future rely on the autosave which, as I suggested, is a reassuring feature.