Gillian Mears: Foal's Bread

matt.todd

Reader
I've finally started reading this. I'm about halfway through it, and am loving it. I still can't quite believe it didn't win the Miles Franklin, though it did win the Prime Minister's Award, which is worth more, so that's something.

What surprises me most, though I shouldn't be surprised, I guess, is how much time Mears is devoting to a horse-rider losing the ability to ride. Mears wrote about her MS diagnosis and subsequent degeneration in a beautiful piece for Meanjin here.

Allen and Unwin listing here.
SMH review here.
Guardian review here.

Has anyone else picked it up? Is it even available outside of Australia? It should be.

gladson.david

Foal's Bread

hello Gillian Mears friendhow are you, i hope you will be fine...i am a chief write recipes of french toasthttp://frenchtoastrecipe9.com/

Hamlet

Reader
I've finally started reading this. I'm about halfway through it, and am loving it. I still can't quite believe it didn't win the Miles Franklin, though it did win the Prime Minister's Award, which is worth more, so that's something.

What surprises me most, though I shouldn't be surprised, I guess, is how much time Mears is devoting to a horse-rider losing the ability to ride. Mears wrote about her MS diagnosis and subsequent degeneration in a beautiful piece for Meanjin here.

Allen and Unwin listing here.
SMH review here.
Guardian review here.

Has anyone else picked it up? Is it even available outside of Australia? It should be.

Hi Matt, it's available on Amazon.co.uk with a a fair numbero of reviews underneath it so it seems to be selling well over here... I don't know it the author myself, but your review prompted me to look it up and will keep it in mind!