I'm running out of space

Stevie B

Current Member
Nope, no problems here! There's heaps of room left on my dinner table ?

View attachment 2425
I couldn't help but notice the copy of Island by Alistair MacLeod on your table. It's a shame that such a master storyteller wrote so little during his lifetime. Only sixteen short stories and one novel for a man who lived to his mid-seventies. By the way, MacLeod's "The Vastness of the Dark" is one of my all-time favorite short stories. It took me back to my childhood in a way no other short story, or even novel, ever has.

Phil D

I couldn't help but notice the copy of Island by Alistair MacLeod on your table. It's a shame that such a master storyteller wrote so little during his lifetime. Only sixteen short stories and one novel for a man who lived to his mid-seventies. By the way, MacLeod's "The Vastness of the Dark" is one of my all-time favorite short stories. It took me back to my childhood in a way no other short story, or even novel, ever has.
I picked it up because I've been reading heaps of Alice Munro recently and thought it might be healthy and interesting to see what other Canadian writers (not named Margaret Atwood) have to say. Thanks for the tip on a starting point!