Last Warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liam

Administrator
Dear WLF community:

Recently a number of members have expressed unease about the sheer volume of disruptive, offensive and frankly irrelevant posts being posted with a degree of regularity all over the Forum (particularly in the General Chat section). While I realize and accept that we may all occasionally go off topic, say something borderline offensive in the heat of the argument, and/or engage in irrelevant banter here and there, this type of behavior usually doesn't go on for too long and the forum is able to function smoothly and serve the needs (so widely different) of all of its members.

Recently, however, these anti-social attitudes have been creeping up more and more regularly (especially in certain quarters) and are beginning to threaten the general equilibrium. While the forum administrators try to be impartial and grant everybody the right to express themselves freely, I would like to remind you that this board is not your personal playroom to use (and abuse) as you see fit.

Please refrain from any behavior that may be deemed offensive and/or threatening to others. I think we are all adults here and don't need to be lectured on what constitutes "offensive" and "threatening" behavior.

While this is, indeed, a place for us to talk freely and unwind at the end of the day, it is still largely and primarily a LITERARY forum, and we would like it to stay that way. A few disagreements are almost inevitably bound to happen every now and again, but when several members write to us with the same issue in mind, something has to be done. While it is not easy to start issuing bans, the general rules of courteousness must be valued above and beyond the feelings of any one individual in particular.

I have said once before, if you have nothing to contribute on a particular day (and I don't think there is any one of us here who insists on posting EVERY single day of the week), don't post anything at all. Try to stay on topic and remain courteous to others. If you fail to comply with these guidelines don't be surprised if your account is terminated by the end of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.