Mark Kharitonov (1937-2024)

Ben Jackson

I love many other Russian writers, but to me Dostoevsky’s novels and stories seem to exist in my mind as if they aren’t at all fictional but rather some kind of place I visited or lived in in the past, like St. Petersburg, for example.
Big fan of Dostoevsky as well. And of course Tsvaeteva (although I'll say Akhmatova's slightly superior). I don't know that people still read Bunin. I read two of his short stories years ago (latter discovering that there were part of Dark Avenues, so I'm hoping to read the entire stories in there), and I consider him so underrated.

Anyway thanks for explanations on the Russian writer, revealing certain aspects of your personal history in the process.

By the way, don't know Liam's mother's from Ukraine. There are "people" in that country.

The Common Reader

Big fan of Dostoevsky as well. And of course Tsvaeteva (although I'll say Akhmatova's slightly superior). I don't know that people still read Bunin. I read two of his short stories years ago (latter discovering that there were part of Dark Avenues, so I'm hoping to read the entire stories in there), and I consider him so underrated.

Anyway thanks for explanations on the Russian writer, revealing certain aspects of your personal history in the process.

By the way, don't know Liam's mother's from Ukraine. There are "people" in that country.
Thank you, Ben!