Nobel Prize in Literature 2017 Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bartleby

Really hope it is Tokarczuk. N'Diaye is ok too. All the other would be a terrible decision.
Hope the Academy is only taunting us with that. Otherwise there is the so ridiculous one-and-one I was talking about.

I don't mind it just so happens to be one-and-one if the writers are great choices...

Davus

Reader
Nawal El Saadawi will be 86 years old in just 22 days - so she'd probably be the second oldest winner ever (after Lessing who was almost 88 when she won).

Sisyphus

Reader
Otherwise there is the so ridiculous one-and-one I was talking about.

I'm afraid this is the case. Knowing Sara, this is how it is going to be in the following years.

2016 Male singer
2017 Female Writer
2018 Male Painter
2017 Female Writer
2019 Male Photographer
2020 Female Writer

She might be trying to balance the number of female writers and male writers by sabotaging the latter.

Daniel del Real

I'm afraid this is the case. Knowing Sara, this is how it is going to be in the following years.

2016 Male singer
2017 Female Writer
2018 Male Painter
2017 Female Writer
2019 Male Photographer
2020 Female Writer

She might be trying to balance the number of female writers and male writers by sabotaging the latter.

But does the permanent secretary has that much power among the Academy? I thought the main task was only to be the speaker of the whole organization.
If that's the case, hope she lasts the same than Englund, ony two more years.

Bartleby

I'm here wondering - could it perhaps be our brazillian writer Lygia Fagundes Telles? She's damn old, like, 90-something. Granted, I've only read some of her short stories so I can't completely say about her quality (which many scholars praise), but anyway, there's a thought I'd like to leave...

Marba

Reader
But does the permanent secretary has that much power among the Academy? I thought the main task was only to be the speaker of the whole organization.
If that's the case, hope she lasts the same than Englund, ony two more years.

I don't think she has more power than the other members. Especially not since she's not in the Nobel Committee.

Status
Not open for further replies.