Nobel Prize in Literature 2019

Good choice?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ludus

Reader
The only good thing this... man has done is, by showing this letter, make more people aware of this blog https://thegoaliesanxiety.wordpress.com/

this whole media coverage thing's gone beyond ridiculous now, culminating with this [no] Maas guy’s continual bending of Truth for who knows what reason; or rather it only shows one’s willingness to bow down to blind hatred and ignorance, it’s disgusting me. Can’t take it anymore. It makes me literally physically ill. That one can, just because of disagreements over another's statements, propagate hateful and false utterances against you, and that it can grow and silence Truth, so that no matter what is said, the raging masses won’t listen. Where’s civility in all this? Where’s tolerance? Tolerance so preached about... And it’s as much my indignation over this whole Handke situation, as it is the fear that it may happen to anyone of us - me, you. If one can learn something about this is that, when you lead a public life, it is best to keep your mouth shut at all costs, lest you live a life in fear forevermore. And even this attitude is living in fear, so there’s no escape, I guess.

as a final message: Love. Love conquers all, we should all hold onto it. Be well.

I quit following this topic. Not because of you, I should clarify. You've been the most polite ones and this forum the safest place to be on the Internet, and for that I could not thank you enough. Just can't stand to participate in this particular discussion anymore.

Bartleby, I´m very sorry if something I said made you upset. Things can get heated in here, specially with things we are all passionate about. But keep in mind that we respect you and your way of thinking. Be well!

Bartleby

Bartleby, I´m very sorry if something I said made you upset. Things can get heated in here, specially with things we are all passionate about. But keep in mind that we respect you and your way of thinking. Be well!
no, my friend, as I said, you all, including you, have been always very dear to my heart, so no, nothing you, or anyone else has said upset me. It's just this darn subject...
thank you for your lovely message. I hope you be well as well.

redhead

Blahblahblah
I burst out laughing when I saw that. This whole thing is becoming ridiculous (at least, more ridiculous than before)

Johnny

Happy Birthday to this great writer, looking forward to his lecture tomorrow. No surprise he had a go at this journalist today. Just finished Repetition, it’s a superb piece of writing. Feel a bit sorry for Olga who’s getting overlooked a bit with this focus on politics instead of literature.