Site News

Eric

Former Member
I like the bold red name of the website, but I'm not keen on the carousel. When I change threads, the screen is filled with the name & carousel, which means you have to keep scrolling down. It's really just another Amazon advertising gimmick. One good thing, however, is that you do know what the covers of the books look like, should you be looking for them in the bookshop, as opposed to buying them online.

But I don't miss the emaciated face of Fran?ois Mauriac, or the wrinkled ditto of Ana?s Nin at all. So I'm happy Stewart got rid of them.

Much more cheerfull,Stewart,Even the Penfuin add look good.The sitation should be a bit bigger or darker,we barely see it.

To be honest,the faces of Hesse and Mariac were starting to depresse me.

Very good anyway.

Jayaprakash

Reader
I liked the fact that the site used to show faces of writers, who are often less than pretty, but nevertheless the people responsible for the things we keep reading. Perhaps like Mirabell I like things which are sombre. But I shall live with re-design, nothing fundamental is broken.

Stewart

Administrator
Staff member
There was an issue with uploading new avatars, which was due to the storage path still being set to the old server. This has been fixed now and avatars can once again be uploaded.

Stewart did you find a way to have the Reading list edited forever?So we could follow the reading habits of our fellow members.

Eric

Former Member
Thanks, Stewart, for getting rid of the nut who crashed the party just now with adverts.

Stewart

Administrator
Staff member
Stewart did you find a way to have the Reading list edited forever?So we could follow the reading habits of our fellow members.
Not yet, Thomas. I've been busy with other offline concerns.

Thanks, Stewart, for getting rid of the nut who crashed the party just now with adverts.
No problem. There's always one or two that slip through. It feels good to zap 'em.

Stewart

Administrator
Staff member
Just wanted to say that my exams are over and I'm now better placed to focus more on the site once again, starting with an update to the software this coming weekend. I'll try to fix the flags too and link members' accounts up with goodreads/librarything/etc.

Stewart

Administrator
Staff member
If you're a Twitter user, you can now keep up to date with new threads on World Literature Forum by following the forum here.

Stewart

Administrator
Staff member
We've been getting hundreds of signups in recent weeks, all with the intention of putting links in their signatures and leaving it at that. To combat this, I've made a small change to the forum, in that members with less than ten posts will not be allowed signatures. Once past ten posts, the feature will present itself. Consider it a reward for taking part. All members currently past ten posts need not bother with this.

Liam

Administrator
We've been getting hundreds of signups in recent weeks, all with the intention of putting links in their signatures and leaving it at that. To combat this, I've made a small change to the forum, in that members with less than ten posts will not be allowed signatures. Once past ten posts, the feature will present itself. Consider it a reward for taking part. All members currently past ten posts need not bother with this.
I think you ought to make it 15 or 20 posts, at least. It's easy to post "Yeah, I agree, SUCH a wonderful book! Thanx for sharing" ten times all over the site, right??? :p

L.

Stewart

Administrator
Staff member
I think you ought to make it 15 or 20 posts, at least. It's easy to post "Yeah, I agree, SUCH a wonderful book! Thanx for sharing" ten times all over the site, right??? :p
Indeed, but those are easy to spot and remove quickly. It's just an small amount because many signups were just putting in a signature and never coming back.