Slovenian Clown Strikes Again!

Liam

Administrator
Slavoj-Z-iz-ek-at-his-hom-008.jpg

Oh gawd. This would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.

99% of Humanity are Boring Idiots, opines Žižek. Probably because they don't read and/or don't give a shit about Slavoj Žižek, :rolleyes:.

...wait, there's more... and this one's a killer...

Slavoj Žižek Responds to His Critics

Finally, some truth. His book is boring and nasty, case closed.

Eric

Former Member
What did this weird chap do doing the Soviet era (or the Tito era in Yugoslavia)? I can't find anything about his activities in the 1970s and 1980s. His neo-Communism is rather quaint in an era when Russia has shed it and China may have a major economic collapse because of it.

In fact, Zhizhek seems to wallow in a morass of vague philosophical platitutes. He comes across as a totally phoney opportunist. Can anyone seriously launch neo-Marxism today? He lives in the highly rarefied world of ontology and modalities. It's all Lacan and Hegel and other super-intellectual constructs.

What is he covering up?

Liam

Administrator
What is he covering up?
His own inane, vapid vacuity. Some people have also accused him of deep misogyny; apparently he doesn't think of women too highly (but don't quote me on this one). Oh, and apparently he thinks that terror is OK in order to bring the New Order about: "Shining Path"-style.

Eric

Former Member
The Commies of yore (of which the clown is the neo version) also used to like terror to sort out class problems. The Russians were good at rounding up "kulaks" i.e. succesful farmers, and sending them to Siberia as they didn't fit into the Procrustean mould of Communism, or of Russian domination of the conquered territories.

When you say "Slovenian Clown Strikes Again", I wish he would go on strike and stop writing for several decades until he dies of old age.

Liam

Administrator
Yeah, dream on. Idiocy always insists on being heard. Still, one can always hope for something horrid to happen to him, like an elephant mistaking him for a peanut...

Eric

Former Member
Anja, what did exactly Zhizhek do doing the Cold War? What was his employment? There seem to great gaps in his biography and he still acts like a latterday Communist. How he has managed to survive by charming the gullible in the West, I do not know.

Anja

Reader
It seems he got an MA and a PhD and he worked at the University of Ljubljana, AUU, AIU, The University of Paris ...
anything else?

Last edited: