Tierno Monenembo

tiganeasca

I read The King of Kahel several years ago. Don't recall a great deal about it except that it was well-done, interesting, and a generally enjoyable read. Enough so that, at one time, I looked to see what else he had written. I can't speak to any of his other works, but I think this one is worth the time.

Daniel del Real

I noticed this writer for the first time only a few months ago, when somebody here shared a blog entry with a very exhaustive list of "Nobel candidates". There, it immediately caught my attention, first because I've never read a Guinean writer and second because "Tierno" in Spanish means "Tender" so his pen name is quite peculiar. Hope to read him anytime soon.

nagisa

Spiky member
I read L'ainé des orphelins long ago; I second tiganeasca in saying I don't recall a great deal about it except that it was well-done, interesting, and a generally enjoyable read. A good author to get into literature from the African continent.

Daniel del Real

I recently found out that Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México published jointly a book by Tierno Monenembo titled Pelourinho, which I acquired. I'm really looking to read more African writers in 2020.