What do you do?

Ben Jackson

and since we are taling about publications, here is my upcoming book on Czech-Portuguese poet Jorge/Frantisek Listopad.
I am only the co-author, but well... :)
I know I'm late to the party (just saw this now). Congrats for your hard work. It doesn't really matter if you are the co-author.

Hamishe22

Loved reading these pages to learn more about people who post here!

I'm an expert on US and a foreign policy consultant and work for some think tanks. I recently dropped out of my PhD program in International Relations at the University of Tehran because of political reasons (I don't think liberals have a realistic future in Iran), and I'm looking to apply abroad now. I also have an MA in English literature.

Leseratte

I know, folks, you are not big fans of gardening, but I want to boast of my newest "pet". It's imperial fritillary. I planted the bulbs last Sempetmber and voila! There is + 6 C outside, but the flower is in its full beauty!
That looks cute, alik, specially for urban eyes!

Leseratte

alik-vit

Reader

kpjayan

Reader
I know, folks, you are not big fans of gardening, but I want to boast of my newest "pet". It's imperial fritillary. I planted the bulbs last Sempetmber and voila! There is + 6 C outside, but the flower is in its full beauty!

imagine the long wait of one year for this flower to bloom for one night and wilt before dawn ( a life of 6 hrs). Last time, he/she decided to make her visit in our small apartment. It is known as 'Nishagandhi" ( queen of the night) or "Brahmakamal" in these part of the world. Understand it is originated from central America. It has high medicinal qualities, used in the traditional medicines.

Attachments

• fl2.jpg
    fl2.jpg
    281 KB · Views: 4
  • Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 3

alik-vit

Reader
imagine the long wait of one year for this flower to bloom for one night and wilt before dawn ( a life of 6 hrs). Last time, he/she decided to make her visit in our small apartment. It is known as 'Nishagandhi" ( queen of the night) or "Brahmakamal" in these part of the world. Understand it is originated from central America. It has high medicinal qualities, used in the traditional medicines.

We have this one in the Botanic garden of SPb, and it's great annual attraction for visitors (night opening, etc.). But your flower is perfect! Not great fan of cacti, but this one is great! Congratulations on this visitation! Best guest is rare guest)))